Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

YOUR Best Way of Getting New Clients

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SteveC

Hi Guys,

I have almost got myself ready to go out and start advertising for business now. I've got my Gardiner backpack delivered along with the tools I need. Buying my van this week and Im ready to get out there.

My question is (I understand theres no right or wrong and everybodys will be different) - What works best for YOU personally, in getting new customers?

Door to door, Facebook, Paying for lead gens, Website etc

For me, 90% of my customers come from local Facebook groups. I find a good tactic is to get them to write a review in the comments which also bumps it back up to the top. Having said that I haven’t even bothered to try knocking doors As Facebook is bringing me more than enough return for very little effort.

Yes mate, i plan on doing all methods. Im just interested in what works best for everyone else and what percentage of peoples business come from which one ?

Telling everyone you know that you've started window cleaning is a good idea.

You might get several jobs to start get you started from family and friends (if you don't mind that kind of thing).

My best way of gaining customers is to do good, reliable work. Word of mouth is powerful and cheap. The natural referrals you gain that way usually turn into the best customers.

Got a new monthly customer yesterday who just started up a hair salon. "I only hear good things about you", she told me. Reputation is gold.

I focus on commercial, thus I also hand a business card over the counter whenever I see a new shop. I pick up a good deal of them, but the competition is not that cutthroat up here, so your mileage may vary in your town.

I also have a company name that stands out and is easy to remember.

My round was built entirely from door knocking.  The outcome is  compact and semi compact rounds.  Good paid work. And Iv picked up enough that only the good customers get fo stay on my books.  Leaflets and lead generation may get work but it'll be very spaced out. That said I do take leaflets when I canvas . If I think they have a window cleaner I'll just drop a leaflet and move onto the next house.  It may not be as bulletproof as knocking but it's not so soul destroying and will gain you more work for your time. 

I'm no genius at gaining customers but as james above says, i take leaflets when canvassing. No answer? drop a leaflet.

They do work, not brilliantly but they do work.

Good web site 

Recommendation from existing customers

Door knocking

Adverts in local papers

All theses  have worked well for us over the years , Facebook where I am produces nothing but wasters after a one off cheap job .

Latest Posts

Back