Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Not enough water pressure

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harry123

So I was using a trolley system but now converted to full van system with 50m of 6mm hose and a pump that is 5L per minute but the water that is coming out half the amount at what it was when I was using the trolley. Do you think I need a bigger pump or maybe the hose is too thin ? Suggestions ? 

Yes 5l per minute 100psi pump it’s what I was using on my trolley, what pump do you use ?
Im a trad cleaner Harry, is it possible you can change the outlet jets?

A smaller jet will hold back more water thus giving you a greater pressure, but be aware you may need to reduce your flow marginally

Have you checked for an airlock, this is a possibility, is your controller going almost instantly when you stop the water with an inline tap or univalve, as it should do, if it doesn't and the pump is still running then takes a while to read DE on the controller then it's an airlock, disconnect hose from reel inlet and run the pump flat out, the the water will splutter and flush it out, this can happen on a daily basis if run the tank low or dry at the end of a working day.

Also if you have the same Flo setting on your controller as you did on your trolley then increase the flow setting as all systems are different

I presume you are talking about FLOW @harry123 rather than PRESSURE.

Please tell us what pump, controller, battery and hose you are using on your van system.

On a trolley the pump only has the push water down a short length of pipe where a 100 meter hose coiled around a hose reel will create much more resistance. Minibore is 8mm internal diameter where microbore is 6mm id and half the size. So water will never flow at the same rate through microbore as it will minibore.

Increasing water pressure will increase flow, but doubling the water pressure won't necessarily double the flow rate. There comes a time when a big increase of pressure makes very little difference to flow rate increase because of the turbulence of the water being forced through the orifice of the hose. 

Back