Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

SLX-27 reduction

Dale Transparent

I'm having a mare! I purchased a new SLX-27 last week, when it arrived I instantly realised that my old pole was a SLX-25, but tried it out anyway. A week on and I am really not getting on with it, shoulders and hands are aching, so I am looking at reducing the size, the questions are;

A) Should I buy a section 5 base and turn in to a SLX-22?

B) Will a section 4 base SLX-18 fit to convert it to a SLX-18?

Thanks for any advice....

Dale

Haha I'm not sure what to suggest maybe you could get some of the pole insulation tapeor similar that Gardiner uses on all there base poles that way you could make it any size.  Best not to use a pole without insulation otherwise you are exposed to overhead cables and being electrocuted.

Haha I'm not sure what to suggest maybe you could get some of the pole insulation tapeor similar that Gardiner uses on all there base poles that way you could make it any size.  Best not to use a pole without insulation otherwise you are exposed to overhead cables and being electrocuted.
I'm either going to buy the slx-22 base #5 (spoke to Gardiner and they said this will be feasible) or the slx-18 base #4 (unfortunately I didn't ask if this would fit)

I'm having a mare! I purchased a new SLX-27 last week, when it arrived I instantly realised that my old pole was a SLX-25, but tried it out anyway. A week on and I am really not getting on with it, shoulders and hands are aching, so I am looking at reducing the size, the questions are;

A) Should I buy a section 5 base and turn in to a SLX-22?

B) Will a section 4 base SLX-18 fit to convert it to a SLX-18?

Thanks for any advice....

Dale
They are very different poles to work with.

To switch it down to about a 23ft pole you can remove section 5 & 6 and then fit a handle section 5 from an SLX22 - https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/pole-spares-sections/pole-section-spares-clx-slx-smax-xtreme/slx18-22-seriesii-replacement-sections.html

There will be a short gap (when closed) between the base clamp #5 and the #4 clamp in use, but this will not affect its usability at all.

Alternatively - You can remove sections 4-6 and fit a handle section #4 from an SLX18 and this will give you a 19ft pole to work with ?

They are very different poles to work with.

To switch it down to about a 23ft pole you can remove section 5 & 6 and then fit a handle section 5 from an SLX22 - https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/pole-spares-sections/pole-section-spares-clx-slx-smax-xtreme/slx18-22-seriesii-replacement-sections.html

There will be a short gap (when closed) between the base clamp #5 and the #4 clamp in use, but this will not affect its usability at all.

Alternatively - You can remove sections 4-6 and fit a handle section #4 from an SLX18 and this will give you a 19ft pole to work with ?
Thanks Alex, the lady I spoke with earlier was very helpful and polite, but as I mentioned, I forgot to ask about the #4 section.

Back