Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

big job to do with lots of small panes

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ks789

Hardly do any trad but starting to get some now. Got a big job coming up with loads of small panes. They want it trad as its white painted frames and with their previous cleaner it had the milky white run downs. So as I want more work ive said I'll do it. I only have one mop and blade, mid size, measures at 11 inches. I wish I'd measured these panes now when I went to quote as I'd know what to get. I'll get a selection of them and know im covered then. Anyone have any advise? I like the idea of the moerman with its less detailing but it might not be the right size. Guess I could hacksaw something up on the job? They may be mostly the same size, would be great to be able to have just the size and just do straight pull downs. Also i was just gonna dip the sleeve in wash up liquid water and wring out before applying rather than buying any special stuff, though the jury seems to be out. many say this is ok while many say squeegy off etc is far better. 

seems like theres a lot of these properties in the sticks so I'd say the trad method has a way to go yet. just gotta make sure get the same per hour really.

6" unger mop and 6" chanel from unger, both available from window cleaning warehouse is what ive got for these jobs.

Great for small panes of glass

The milky white run downs are because they haven't been cleaned for a while and it's just the paint surface breaking down. Soft flocked brush with a full flow would sort it out in one wash, Personally wouldn't want to do a job, with lots of small panes, traditionally. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh will order tomorrow, I  see they go from 6 inch to 10 inch. shame they didnt do an 8 as I reckon thats the size. I was watching some utube vids and the moerman looked handy, as no detailing was needed. I think any can be customised though, think I saw dabber or wagger doing it on utube

I know what ya mean part timer. ( I cant quote you, the features off at the mo, they're tinkering)

yeh im not keen. But these are the type that are adamant, trad or nothing. if and when I get full books it will be my way or the highway. you're right though, I do several like this the same with no problem.

You can cut a squeegee channel down to size you need if you want to go one pull method(probably best if not used to Trad work). I personally have a modified(cut down) Moerman that has 6 inch channel for those sort of jobs and small openers.

The milky white run downs are because they haven't been cleaned for a while and it's just the paint surface breaking down. Soft flocked brush with a full flow would sort it out in one wash, Personally wouldn't want to do a job, with lots of small panes, traditionally. 
Yip I totally agree with the old boy ?

I have a 6” liquator for modern frames but I personally find them bad wooden frames.

I have a few customers with small panes with wooden frames - it's a real drag. I generally use the moerman set up but not with this type of job, mainly because with the wooden frames the ends of the liquidator squeegee rubber won't last very long at all. You're better off with a normal sqeegee set up and just put up with the detailing. Just make sure that you price the job high enough to cover the extra time and inconvenience! 

Good luck.

John

Tamar Valley Window Cleaner 

I have a few customers with small panes with wooden frames - it's a real drag. I generally use the moerman set up but not with this type of job, mainly because with the wooden frames the ends of the liquidator squeegee rubber won't last very long at all. You're better off with a normal sqeegee set up and just put up with the detailing. Just make sure that you price the job high enough to cover the extra time and inconvenience! 

Good luck.

John

Tamar Valley Window Cleaner 
 Yes I thought might be best. Im thinking 8 or 6 inch squeegee would suit the panes. Its a £60 we've agreed so im hoping hour and half, once I know it, may get quicker.

Back