Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Slick Connect - Original parts still available?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave Bass

Hi guys, 

i know quite a few a few of you are using the slick connects too, I’ve been trying to get a couple of replacement red male ends but no joy! 

Wintecs said they’ve not had any in from exceed, Exceed website only shows the new slick connect 2 and these aren’t compatible with the original

Does anyone know if they are going to keep supplying the originals? 

Ive got 5 sets and all poles and reels need to be interchangeable, I won’t be replacing all of them for the new ones as I only bought these a year ago 

I only got mine not long back, didnt know they'd changed them already. Maybe try all the different outlets that may still stock them?

I only got mine not long back, didnt know they'd changed them already. Maybe try all the different outlets that may still stock them?
Just had this reply from Ex-Ceed themselves...

Hi dave,

No. 
The original Slicks were to hard to connect and disconnect. 
So we have redesigned the slick to mk2 that are very easy to use.
However this as unavoidably changed the design. 
So we no longer make the old model or supply them.”

Pretty poor show for all the people that have recently forked out for them! 

I wont be wasting more of my money with them, I’ll go back to rectus fittings 

Hi dave,

No. 

Yes that doesnt seem good, especially as they seemed to fit easily from my experience. try a firm called soap national, a small outlet in the sticks in suffolk. i got mine from there and maybe they still have some. They arent open today but will be monday. there numbers 01473 890080.

Hi dave,

No. 

I think @ks789 has made a good suggestion.

If you Google Slick Connect you will find there are other outlets also selling them - but they will be more expensive, usually 20% more expensive.

Unfortunately we work in an industry where very little was purposed designed products for wfp only.

Over the years this has improved. To join hose we used air fittings which were never truely designed to be soley water carriers.

Exceed are one of the few companies that have been at the forefront of designing purpose built wfp accessories. TBH the design of the Aquadapter was far superior to anything else available, but its design changed over a couple of years to incorporate improvements and ease of manufacturer to keep costs down.

Then suddenly the Aquadaptor disappeared and we had to wait ages for the Univalve to appear. Anyone who unknowingly bought the last Aquadaptor stocks must be been really pieved to find out about the replacement. It was hyped as cheaper, lighter and so much better than the Aquadapter. I do like the Univalve but I still prefer the Aquadapter. Its easy to get swayed by the tide of marketing hype.

I really liked the Slick Connect but we have 3 hose reels, 5 poles and 1 backpack. All connectors are interchangeable. To accomplish this with Slick Connects was going to cost a few pennies, so I never did.

Steve did have issues with the ease of connection with the MK1 so it was inevitable the MK2 was going to appear at some point.

You aready know you have to replace some of the fittings at a cost so exchanging them all for the new version is probably the way forward.

Threatening to go back to Rectus fittings won't change the current situation. It's like slashing the seats at a drive-in cinema because you don't like the movie.

Personally, if the Slick Connect has worked for you then I would suggest you stick with the product and just swallow the little extra cost. Replacing one component and leaving the other old part doesn't always work out as the worn part can quickly damage the new part. We found this with Rectus fittings.

Last edited by a moderator:

If you Google Slick Connect you will find there are other outlets also selling them - but they will be more expensive, usually 20% more expensive.

Unfortunately we work in an industry where very little was purposed designed products for wfp only.

Over the years this has improved. To join hose we used air fittings which were never truely designed to be soley water carriers.

Exceed are one of the few companies that have been at the forefront of designing purpose built wfp accessories. TBH the design of the Aquadapter was far superior to anything else available, but its design changed over a couple of years to incorporate improvements and ease of manufacturer to keep costs down.

Then suddenly the Aquadaptor disappeared and we had to wait ages for the Univalve to appear. Anyone who unknowingly bought the last Aquadaptor stocks must be been really pieved to find out about the replacement. It was hyped as cheaper, lighter and so much better than the Aquadapter. I do like the Univalve but I still prefer the Aquadapter. Its easy to get swayed by the tide of marketing hype.

I really liked the Slick Connect but we have 3 hose reels, 5 poles and 1 backpack. All connectors are interchangeable. To accomplish this with Slick Connects was going to cost a few pennies, so I never did.

Steve did have issues with the ease of connection with the MK1 so it was inevitable the MK2 was going to appear at some point.

You aready know you have to replace some of the fittings at a cost so exchanging them all for the new version is probably the way forward.

Threatening to go back to Rectus fittings won't change the current situation. It's like slashing the seats at a drive-in cinema because you don't like the movie.

Personally, if the Slick Connect has worked for you then I would suggest you stick with the product and just swallow the little extra cost. Replacing one component and leaving the other old part doesn't always work out as the worn part can quickly damage the new part. We found this with Rectus fittings.
Yeh true. I was gonna get another female connect for hose I connect to customers tap, which currently has rectus fitting which I have barely use and is now obsolete since I went with slick connect. Think I'll wear my current ones out a bit more and get a new set.

Thanks Spruce, it’s not about threatening to go back or cutting my nose off to spite my face, but it’s the fact that there’s been no consideration to customers who’ve bought the connectors already. 

I never got to go use the aquadaptor, but the difference there is that changing it didn’t mean having to replace any other equipment if you wanted to fit one to a new pole 

aside from them sticking when dragged and scratched and eventually corroding I never had much issue with rectus and I could pick up spares locally. 

I also didn’t have an issue with the Mk 1 connecting, only if the pump was on AND the univalve locked, but mine are always unlocked when not in use anyway so wasn’t an issue for me

Thanks Spruce, it’s not about threatening to go back or cutting my nose off to spite my face, but it’s the fact that there’s been no consideration to customers who’ve bought the connectors already. 

I never got to go use the aquadaptor, but the difference there is that changing it didn’t mean having to replace any other equipment if you wanted to fit one to a new pole 

aside from them sticking when dragged and scratched and eventually corroding I never had much issue with rectus and I could pick up spares locally. 

I also didn’t have an issue with the Mk 1 connecting, only if the pump was on AND the univalve locked, but mine are always unlocked when not in use anyway so wasn’t an issue for me

When an updated version of any product comes out the supplier will always try to get rid of old stocks before releasing the new version. If they are forced to release the new version before stocks of the old are depleted, then Ebay is a good place to pass off new old stock.

That's just the nature of the beast.

Hi guys, 

Whilst I was still a bit miffed about the lack of warning/overlap for the old connectors becoming obsolete, I also want to add that Steve & Sam were both extremely helpful in dealing with the situation and helping me find an adequate resolution

Their customer service has been excellent and I’m happy to still be a loyal customer  

Thanks guys ?

Are you going to tell us how "Steve & Sam were both extremely helpful in dealing with the situation and helping me find an adequate resolution" @Dave Bassor would this put you in a difficult situation?

Back