Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

which forum?????

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Is Wfp and Trad now all in one forum?
Yup, it is one forum now. Time to end the rivalry  :1f602:  many do both anyway

As part of the new homepage layout, we also merged several categories and subsections. We were regularly getting posts that could fit in one or the other or posts that were window cleaning but didn't specifically fit in either which ment posts were being posted in the wrong areas all the time. 

We have now made sections less specific to mitigate this and also aid with the new layout and functionality.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually think this is not such a wise move imo, if someone posted about say, dog earing for example, by the time people could have noticed this and replied maybe with more informative answers it could possibly be on page two because of all the questions about dead-ending/controller wont work/ whats the best pole/ what size tank etc etc

I used to enjoy reading the trad pages as it was more informative and a better user experience and I think it will in the near future put a few members off from contributing and will eventually move away to other forums.

bring back the trad page @Gav

I actually think this is not such a wise move imo, if someone posted about say, dog earing for example, by the time people could have noticed this and replied maybe with more informative answers it could possibly be on page two because of all the questions about dead-ending/controller wont work/ whats the best pole/ what size tank etc etc

I used to enjoy reading the trad pages as it was more informative and a better user experience and I think it will in the near future put a few members off from contributing and will eventually move away to other forums.

bring back the trad page @Gav

I'm afraid separate wfp and trad sections won't be coming back. It's need a nightmare to manage for to long. 

I appreciate what you are saying re people missing it but most of the time posts are answered very quickly on the forum and will probably be more so now that the latest topics are always showing. 

In the last 6 months there has most likely only been around 10 trad posts that I can remember, it's no different to any other online window cleaning page it's all window cleaning all in. 

Yup, it is one forum now. Time to end the rivalry  :1f602:  many do both anyway

As part of the new homepage layout, we also merged several categories and subsections. We were regularly getting posts that could fit in one or the other or posts that were window cleaning but didn't specifically fit in either which ment posts were being posted in the wrong areas all the time. 

We have now made sections less specific to mitigate this and also aid with the new layout and functionality.
It's not rivalry, as I do Trad, I'm not particularly interested in wfp; they are two very different things. I shall be leaving the forum.

It's not rivalry, as I do Trad, I'm not particularly interested in wfp; they are two very different things. I shall be leaving the forum.
Don't do that as you're a seasoned veteran when it comes to trad and plenty of advice to give.  I was only thinking of your invention today when my applicator was drying quickly and wishing someone would widely produce an applicator that would wet itself! Would save me so much time in hotter weather ?  Personally, I prefer the mix of trad & wfp section as I do both and I found myself in the trad section less.  It's the check boxes I can't get the hang of. 

Also @Gav , thanks for your input on the forum, I probably take it for granted a bit but a lot of effort goes in to run this place I'm sure and I'm happy to run with all the changes ? I'm sure any niggles will be smoothed out in time as people get used to it.

Its always the same, the moment you get used to something they change it. The bbc site is the worse, I asked their IT Dept why they do it and "to justify our jobs" came the solemn reply. :1f644:

I have to say i have been away and just logged in since the change and well...

It is shite?

Please change it back it is just a mess.

hardly any tradders left around where i work.......i think theyll be extinct by 2020.......?
I wfp upstairs and Trad down, and see a few fully Trad hereabouts, several I know are not beer money cleaners either. So think we will not be extinct just quite yet (lol)

And now the tradder's start posting ? In all seriousness  the forum has to move with the times, but as a comparison to other places we are now ahead and up to date tech wise regarding the lay out and been more mobile friendly as most people access the forum via a mobile device and this has to be catered for to continue to attract new members and to get them to participate in topics. 

Do I like the new layout right now, not so much, but I need to get my head round it, just like everyone else, change happens and we have to adapt for better or worse slowly, over the next few days I'll be used to it. 

For those not sure about the check and unchek of the boxes for forum sections. Would you prefer a more simple menu that does not remember your selection. 

Something like this? Where its just a menu, you click the section to visit that section, thats it no remembering to check and uncheck.

There would be a similar dropdown menu for mobile. It essentialy just removes the check function and having to remember checking and unchecking. I can see many selecting a section and forgeting to uncheck to see the whole forum. 

With this update it will also take you to that particular section rather than just updating the topics you see in the list. 

DESKTOP MENU

Annotation 2019-08-21 120605.png

MOBILE MENU

Annotation 2019-08-21 123901.png

MOBILE MENU OPENED

Annotation 2019-08-21 123925.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have now made the above changes. We now have a kind of best of both worlds situation. The main hompage still lists the most recent topics but we have done away with the checkbox menu and replaced with a standard menu that when clicking on a section actualy takes you to that section (like it used to) instead of just updating the topic list on the homepage. 

I hope this is a better compromise between both. ?

I have now made the above changes. We now have a kind of best of both worlds situation. The main hompage still lists the most recent topics but we have done away with the checkbox menu and replaced with a standard menu that when clicking on a section actualy takes you to that section (like it used to) instead of just updating the topic list on the homepage. 

I hope this is a better compromise between both. ?
Noticed straight away Gav.  Much better ?

Latest Posts

Back