Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pollen on Upvc window frames

pluppgranberg

Hi people, 

I just went out the other day to wipe my windows, and was left with this string of pollen (i think its pollen anyway) that i really cant get away.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what product that can make my window frame white again?

Thanks in advance

20190817_120311545_iOS.jpg

Hi people, 

I just went out the other day to wipe my windows, and was left with this string of pollen (i think its pollen anyway) that i really cant get away.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what product that can make my window frame white again?

Thanks in advance

View attachment 17391
 Plopgranburg, I take it those windows are triple glazed if you're in sweden? yeh, some of my customers older frames dont seem to come up as well as the newer ones. Which, unless they want to pay me handsomely for, they will just have to put up with.

I've never seen the pink stuff you mention, in any shop in Scandinavia unfortunately. What chemical is it really @Part Timer? I'm guessing the name is only a branding thing?

I personally order Unger rubout from a cleaning supplier in Denmark for my polishing needs. I don't know if it would work for @pluppgranberg since we have so few trees up here I have never encountered pollen like that.

@scottish cleaning service now there is a brand name in the works. ? A local cleaner once had the local soap manufacturer make a dedicated window cleaning soap. (Use it myself, it's quite good, and cheap in bulk). Maybe I could smuggle in a tub of pink stuff and have them create a copy product. ?

Plopgranburg, I take it those windows are triple glazed if you're in sweden? yeh, some of my customers older frames dont seem to come up as well as the newer ones. Which, unless they want to pay me handsomely for, they will just have to put up with.

Double glazed, but some energy-efficient-version of it.

These are quite new, only 3-4 years old. I had pollen on them before, but then i cleaned more regulary. Now i havent gotten around to do it in a quite long while, so i guess its why it doesnt go away.

I've never seen the pink stuff you mention, in any shop in Scandinavia unfortunately. What chemical is it really @Part Timer? I'm guessing the name is only a branding thing?

I personally order Unger rubout from a cleaning supplier in Denmark for my polishing needs. I don't know if it would work for @pluppgranberg since we have so few trees up here I have never encountered pollen like that.

@scottish cleaning service now there is a brand name in the works. ? A local cleaner once had the local soap manufacturer make a dedicated window cleaning soap. (Use it myself, it's quite good, and cheap in bulk). Maybe I could smuggle in a tub of pink stuff and have them create a copy product. ?

I can probably get hold of most products, i just order them from abroad. Dont mind shipping cost, as long as it will work!

I actually found a swedish online store selling Unger rubout that you mentioned, but if i read the item description i would think its a cleaning liquid for the actuall glass window, not the UPVC window frame.

http://www.papperskedjan.se/sv-se/hygien-stad/stadkem/fonsterputs/glasrengoring-unger-rub-out-stain-remover-p10016261#product-description

In some areas I get this staining on the sills every year, I'm pretty sure it's pollen. I don't usually worry too much about it as it always seems to disappear after a month or two. I think the UV light from the sun bleaches it eventually.

If you do want rid immediately, Unger rub out will work well on frames too.

I just bought that Domain, "theblondestuff.com" may be handy in the future.

If you have any kitchen cream cleaner and  a cloth try a test patch it may well remove it , or any solvent pvc cleaner should remove it .

Back