Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Transferring Water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi all,

I have 2 vans. 

My first van only has 350L capacity and runs out of water by mid-afternoon. 

The second van has 1000L (I learnt my lesson) and obviously doesn't run out.

I want to transfer water midday but I've been looking at 12v transfer pumps but they just aren't quick enough  (20L PM). 

I have a static water system back at base but it seems crazy to drive back when I have water in the other van. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance! 

Dan 

My 230v transfer pump delivers 41lpm, so your 12v unit isn't doing too bad.

Its taking you just over 15 minutes at lunch time to fill the smaller tank from empty. Have a bite and a cup of coffee whilst its happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a 12v bilge pump from gardiners,think they stopped selling them, think its 60ltr/ min i think, i use it for filling back pack.  if you go on a nautical shop website there oeobably is a selection, as they are 12v i think.

I have one of these and it fills a 25l barrel in seconds. If my calculations are correct they can theoretically do almost 70 LPM. So buy two if you're that much in a hurry. ?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
the bilge pump is the easiest way round things if i'm honest, or buy a bigger tank for the other van that's the answer to your problem then you'll have the capacity to complete most jobs, (the time transferring water costs YOU money in time being non productive).

that time lost could be costing you £15 a day in lost revenue maybe more, times that by five and its £75 a week or £300 a month or £3000.00 a year

based on a ten month working year, if you look at it this way you'll see why it could be beneficial to just get a new tank and sell the smaller one on to someone just starting out who could cope with that size of tank.

if i'm honest theres times when you just have to bite the bullet and stop struggling with what equipment you have at the moment, with the situation you have now you are tying up two vans just to transfer water over taking up staff time and fuel just to meet each other to swap water over and finding a space big enough to do that, theres plenty of second hand stystems on ebay of facebook so should cost no more than a grand to have a bigger tank- if the van can take the payload of course

are you using an ibc for the other van?- only asking this as there is only a few 1000l tank stystems out there

Last edited by a moderator:
Back