Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Back Pack

Hey guys, its been a long time!

I'm thinking about buying a Gardiners WFP backpack. Theres defo a few jobs that a back pack would be easier for me in theory. Are they any good? Or are there better ones? or are they all rubbish? 

As always, any comments are much appreciated!

Many Thanks,

Matt. 

I'm thinking about buying a Gardiners WFP backpack. Theres defo a few jobs that a back pack would be easier for me in theory. Are they any good? Or are there better ones? or are they all rubbish? 

Many Thanks,

Matt. 

They are very good we have several on our vans use them for chemical application not cleaning windows they are very good value fir money I would thouroughly recommend them ?

Many Thanks,

Matt. 

Our Gardiner one is over 3 years old and still works perfectly. The lid of the early ones was inclined to pop off. We cured that by putting a wrap of duck tape over the threads to pack it out a bit.

My son uses it most days. He prefers it to using the hose reel.

Personally its too heavy for me to carry when full, so I only use it in extreme circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a gardiner backpack for 4 years, still going strong, best bit of value for money kit that I have bought, has been good as battery died on van setup, could still finish the work with backpack. Very useful for certain jobs as well 

Apologies I did say it had been a long time in my original post. I've obviously missed something. I'm presuming from your comment Steve that the pressure is a sore spot for many, that would lead me to think even though cheap enough, maybe not worth it!

Thank you fellas. So the pressure is decent then?! I worry it might be a bit weak compared to my 30 on the van system!

You mean flow not pressure?

You can turn the flow up but your water won't last long. I find rinsing is too slow for me. Son has fan jets in his brush but water just trickles out of my pencil jets.

I have a couple over three years old don’t get used much only for going thru houses but th3y are brilliant value for money would recommend as they have there place. 

Thank you all. Yes I guess I mean 'flow' I use fan jets also, I'm worried it'll be to slow for what I want, but maybe my expectations are to high thinking it'll similar to my van system and it'll still be a worth while addition!

Basically the battery has died on my pure water trolley so I'm thinking of this as an alternative.

Apologies I did say it had been a long time in my original post. I've obviously missed something. I'm presuming from your comment Steve that the pressure is a sore spot for many, that would lead me to think even though cheap enough, maybe not worth it!
Not that mate, it’s the backpack subject has been covered a lot lately ?

Had mine 2 years and has helped a lot. loads of houses where dragging the long hose off the reel in the van is too much bother. some smaller properties can even do over 2 on one pack, and filling it up out of a spare barrel only takes a minute. 

Thank you all. Yes I guess I mean 'flow' I use fan jets also, I'm worried it'll be to slow for what I want, but maybe my expectations are to high thinking it'll similar to my van system and it'll still be a worth while addition!

Basically the battery has died on my pure water trolley so I'm thinking of this as an alternative.

They have a place in your kit.

My observations;

Setup time is much faster than a van mount but rinsing is slower.

We have an extra 25 liter container so refilling the back pack is quick.

Son uses his pump on the van mount to slowly fill the container so its usually full by the time his BP is empty.

On occasion he has to refill around the back of the house he is cleaning if there is a big conservatory. That's 'wasted' time carry water there. But he doesn't have the 'pack away I do so he gains time there.

So for us what he 'gains on the swings he looses on the round abouts.' It works out about the same time wise.

Why not just replace the battery on your trolley?

yes def replace the battery on the trolley.

I havent found a problem with rinsing with the backpack, I think its been a bit more flow or blast than Ive been using on the van mount controller. I could turn  up, but it seems to be good enough.  I use the one stop but thinking how handy the new one with the flow control on it would be. 

Back