Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WCW Sideline Ultra Radius Brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Viggers

Hi thought id put a call out for feedback on the above brush before I purchased one. Anybody currently got one or using is on a regular basis, any feedback welcome. Also do you this I can put a Gardiner Quick Loq socket on it. T I A

Sorry you haven't got a reply just yet. It might be that no one has one or they just haven't got around to replying. There a a few reviews about it on the wcw site though that seem positive. 

Hi thought id put a call out for feedback on the above brush before I purchased one. Anybody currently got one or using is on a regular basis, any feedback welcome. Also do you this I can put a Gardiner Quick Loq socket on it. T I A

I haven't got one of either brush so all I can offer is my opinion if I came across this brush. But as we always say, brushes are a very personal thing and 'what's one man's meat is another man's poison' as the old saying goes. So the answers you get for and against probably won't apply to you in all cases.

I would compare it spec for spec against the Gardiner Stiff Universal 37cm sill brush. At 410 grams the WCW brush is heavier than the Gardiner brush at 330g. For me that's heavy, especially when the Ultimate 26cm brushes weigh in at 180g. So for me the weight is an issue if using this as my main brush. I do prefer the narrower width brushes to the wider ones tbh. (I have a Gardiner 35cm brush with 4 jets that I really use.)

We know that the Gardiner stiff brushes are capable of water temperatures up to 75 degrees C. If you use hot water then WCW give no specs as to its suitability. The specs say that they have stiff side bristles but don't say what the rest of the bristles are - soft or medium.

The WCW brush is cheaper but doesn't come with 4 jet option like the Gardiner one does. If you want fan jets on the WCW brush then that adds to the cost. The Gardiner brush comes with 2 jets included in the price but another 2 jets adds to the price as does the Quickloq socket.

The WCW brush is also on special atm with a saving of £10. At its normal price I wouldn't even consider it tbh. But that's my opinion.

For me the WCW website doesn't give enough information to make a better comparison tbh.

I'm pretty sure you could swap over your Quickloq socket as both brushes use self tapping screws to hold their socket on. If the holes don't quite line up then the holes can be redrilled or the socket holes elongated to suit depending on the situation.

I have always used Gardiner brushes and have been happy with their performance. I once bought an Aerial Brush from Tecbuc and it was the worst brush I have ever used. It was far too heavy. It lasted on my pole 1/2 a day.

If you think its looks a worthwhile purchase then do it. You can then give a review on your personal user experience. You aren't paying out a mortgage repayment if you buy one and you don't get on with it. But remember, there will be post and packaging costs to add to this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your responses. I have took the plunge should be here Wednesday. Its quite a wide brush so will use it on commercials or shops etc conny roofs. I will log back on to give a review if anybodys interested. Thanks everyone

Well been using the brush on a good few jobs recently, mainly schools, big glass roofs/canopys. The quick loq connector fits no problem. The brush is basically the same shape etc as the gardiner universal brush but which has been on steroids. Its huge loads of bristles etc and quite heavy but holy mackerel can it clean. Makes even the dirtiest window look amazing even with one pass. I will continue using it for my commercials and schools and also will use it for all domestic first cleans unless the house has really small windows. I personally would recommend it. Think its too heavy for the round but a great weapon for the back of the van.

Well been using the brush on a good few jobs recently, mainly schools, big glass roofs/canopys. The quick loq connector fits no problem. The brush is basically the same shape etc as the gardiner universal brush but which has been on steroids. Its huge loads of bristles etc and quite heavy but holy mackerel can it clean. Makes even the dirtiest window look amazing even with one pass. I will continue using it for my commercials and schools and also will use it for all domestic first cleans unless the house has really small windows. I personally would recommend it. Think its too heavy for the round but a great weapon for the back of the van.

At one time most of us only used Vikan Ovals as our everyday brush which is about the same weight. It was a brilliant brush but just too heavy. The threaded brush holder was also at the wrong angle.

Thanks for the update.

Back