Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Heavy Duty Hose Guide

WCF

Help Support WCF:

That is option number 2, just doesn't seem as sturdy as the HD one. I've decided against drilling any more holes in the floor just now incase I return the van.
Possibly fitting a small piece of board like plywood and then attach the roller guide to that, Kitchen doors work wonders ?

We have tried several types the best ones are the ones you have posted the blue  metal plates with plastic rollers are rubbish we totally destroyed the rollers in 8 months , had the ones similar to what you posted got them off Grippatank not cheap but 4 years later still working well 

Possibly fitting a small piece of board like plywood and then attach the roller guide to that, Kitchen doors work wonders ?
Yeah I've done that with the hose reel so its not directly screwed to the floor of the van, couple of pieces of timber held down with gorilla glue, put Protecta-Kote over the top and you can't even tell.

Purefreedom is the company to talk to as they make bespoke ones. 
Sounds expensive.

Search for "winch roller" on eBay, they're about £11 and pretty sure they're the same ones.
Done, there are a few window cleaning suppliers (Like Gardiners) selling these for circa £30. They are good but they're really made to be laid down, I think this will have to be the plan and wjust fashion something to stand it up.

Yeah I've done that with the hose reel so its not directly screwed to the floor of the van, couple of pieces of timber held down with gorilla glue, put Protecta-Kote over the top and you can't even tell.

Sounds expensive.

Done, there are a few window cleaning suppliers (Like Gardiners) selling these for circa £30. They are good but they're really made to be laid down, I think this will have to be the plan and wjust fashion something to stand it up.
I reckon I could buy the ones from Gardiners and get my neighbour to fabricate something at work, I'll use one as is so a surface roller to place hose through the floor and get one changed to be a right angled one for under the van. 

You're up early, did you have an early night 

I’ve just realised I’ve actually got on of those HD hose guides thingies at home. I used it for a while then changed setup. 

I will try and find it for you. 

Have anyone tried making rollers from 608 bearings and heavy duty bolts and brackets?
I have, sort of. Using stainless steel 15mm pipe, 6202rs bearings and 35mm Talon pipe brackets. I've built one as a proof of concept but I've realized that despite it running very freely, hose doesn't like to bend that sharply and a 15mm diameter roller isn't big enough.

Also the bearings have a 15mm id so in theory the 15mm pipe should fit perfectly but in practice it's a massive pain to get the pipe into the bearings without a hydraulic press.

15668172241515426260469650720837.jpg

One good thing though, is that the talon clips are interlocking so you can make a double roller ?

15668175349895966168468321957635.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve just realised I’ve actually got on of those HD hose guides thingies at home. I used it for a while then changed setup. 

I will try and find it for you. 
Legend thanks mate. I did look on eBay to see if anyone was flogging a second hand one but no joy.

Failing that I reckon I could get something fabricated with winch rollers.

Back