Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cement removal advise please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Diamond geezer

My customer,had his crazy paved front drive repointed by some chancers,to put it mildly,what a mess,!!! Ive done repointing myself so I know.Theres cement all over the place.Is there a chemical I could aply to break down the cement so I can do a clean up please.Iam con sidering using my angle grinder with suitable attachment over the mess.Worst case sinario,the chem destroys cement in the joint have to repoint ,but its not the entire drive though.Cheers oh and looks like the same chancers did a drain cover on another property ,cement all over the block paving,some blocks coverd by about 50% Animals.

Last edited by a moderator:
My customer,had his crazy paved front drive repointed by some chancers,to put it mildly,what a mess,!!! Ive done repointing myself so I know.Theres cement all over the place.Is there a chemical I could aply to break down the cement so I can do a clean up please.Iam con sidering using my angle grinder with suitable attachment over the mess.Worst case sinario,the chem destroys cement in the joint have to repoint ,but its not the entire drive though.Cheers oh and looks like the same chancers did a drain cover on another property ,cement all over the block paving,some blocks coverd by about 50% Animals.
Yeah b&q do stuff in a 5 litre yellow bottle but it stinks and sounds like youd need loads of it. Its ok for small spillages, but going on what youve said

id leave it to be honest

Advise the customer get the chancers back to clean it up. If they dont show up probably would be an idea to put a call in to trading standards if they havent offered the custy a refund & an apology, save them messing up other peoples proerties.

if you have a hard time of it youll probably end up wishing you hadnt started and why risk your time & good reputation tidying up anothers mess? 

Back