Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

100 psi shurflo pump

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Posh

As in the title I have acquired a 100psi pump. I bought it about 6 months ago & this weekend decided to connect it all up. I have fitted a pure flow flow controller & a shurflo filter.

when I turn it on water comes through but very slow with the controller on full wack. I have see through hose at the moment & can see it struggling to get through & just dribbles out. It has no inline filter.

wondering does it have a pressure switch or something to make it pump better.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

When you got it was it brand new and did it have end caps fitted on the inlet and outlet, if not it has dried out inside and will some water pouring into the pump, this was brought up in recent weeks, but I can't recall exactly what was needed

Just connect the inlet of the pump to an outside garden hose pipe with Hozelock cannector and open the tap slowly for a few moments. You don't want 15lpm of water flow and built up pressure blasting through the pump @Posh and damaging it.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you got it was it brand new and did it have end caps fitted on the inlet and outlet, if not it has dried out inside and will some water pouring into the pump, this was brought up in recent weeks, but I can't recall exactly what was needed

Hi mate

yes it came with caps on it

Just connect the inlet of the pump to an outside garden hose pipe with Hozelock cannector and open the tap slowly for a few moments. You don't want 15lpm of water flow and built up pressure blasting through the pump @Posh and damaging it.

Hi mate

Do you turn the pump on or just connect it & turn the tap on??

Posh said:
Hi mate

Hi mate

Also how fast to run it through & how long for

i don’t wanna damage it & I don’t know much about pumps

Hi mate

Hi mate

Also how fast to run it through & how long for

i don’t wanna damage it & I don’t know much about pumps

No need to turn the pump on. You are just using the water flow and pressure to release the no return valve and 'lubricate' the pump diaphram. 10 to 15 secs should do it but longer shouldn't make a difference. The pump is designed to handle 5.2lpm if its the standard Shurflo WC pump so any flow from the tap to this level will be fine. Our tap delivers 13lpm so I don't want to push 13lpm of water through the pump for obvious reasons.

Just remove the inlet strainer and connect the hose onto that side. There is an arrow on the pump housing that indicates the direction of flow through the pump.

Last edited by a moderator:
No need to turn the pump on. You are just using the water flow and pressure to release the no return valve and 'lubricate' the pump diaphram. 10 to 15 secs should do it but longer shouldn't make a difference. The pump is designed to handle 5.2lpm if its the standard Shurflo WC pump so any flow from the tap to this level will be fine. Our tap delivers 13lpm so I don't want to push 13lpm of water through the pump for obvious reasons.

Just remove the inlet strainer and connect the hose onto that side. There is an arrow on the pump housing that indicates the direction of flow through the pump.

Really grateful for this information 

mine more thing

when you say inlet strainer do you mean the filter that’s on it. Then just connect the hose to the inlet & let it come out the outlet ???

Many thanks to both of you

Will try this tomorrow & let you know what happens.

Will also check my to hozlelock connectors I’m using ain’t got a stop feature on them

Mine was dicking about this week and it ended up the strainer needed over tightened slightly as air was getting in 

Cheers for your help

pump running perfect

thank you

Yes bypass the inlet strainer. @sprucegave a far better answer as always. ?

Thanks for your help

Pump running perfect 

cheers

Latest Posts

Back