Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which software???

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CMRwindowcleaning

OPINIONS ON THE BEST SOFTWARE PLEASE??? 

So I’ve always used excel and got on pretty well with it. 

Problem is is the list obviously gets longer plus the round is now split into quite a few different areas.

i also pay separately every year for an invoicing app and tracker on the vans so if I can get this in one software for one price then great. 

Ive been looking at getting a software which covers most basis I’d like to be able to send sheets to employees through the app and only give them limited access to data and things they can do. 

I was looking at squeegee and it was looking the most promising as it has trackers on employees, does invoicing and has the features I’d love like go cardless integration etc. 

Only problem is ive been seeing ALOT of people complaining about constant bugs and I don’t fancy transferring a tonne of customers onto their system to then have to revert back or move it elsewhere! 

Some guidance before I make a decision from you lovely people would be great! 

Was only yesterday I recommend aworka On other post

just wanna clear this up I’m not anyway  affiliated with them I don’t get paid haha

www.aworka.com

chck on YouTube fee videos showing how it works , 6 weeks free then £12 month

it was only £10 last week obviously vat registered now , alot better then squeesee app , don’t know about cleaner planner so. Unsure how it runs beside that

I used Aworka for 2-3 years and never had any issues and have heard of non either, but I have now used cleaner planner for 4 years I think and day to day it's not had hardly any issues in this time, just the odd glitch with uploading debts via the app and 4g, but I just close the app and it uploads the second time no bother. 

As for Squeegee I tried it twice and couldn't get on with it at all and it seems the same issues are still going on almost a year later from when I first tried to get to grips with it. 

A wildcard suggestion is to do what we have done.

I used excel or Numbers the mac equivalent. Had lots of analytical data and this helped me drive fast growth and manage things really well.

I could not find any software which did everything I wanted in the detail I require.

I had an associate of mine who deals in data analysis and software to make our own system. Power bi is very good for this but only available on microsoft normally.

In basic terms we can do all the normal scheduling. Payments can be synced to the csv file from the bank account as long as customers use the right reference.

We can track lots of nitty gritty data to make decisions and work out costings etc with just a few clicks.

Pretty much anything we want to know in terms of data we can have almost instantly.

We don't track vehicles but can upload a day or week or work and ai will calculate the best most efficient routes for this.

it's the same systems the supermarkets and delivery companies use.

It may not be for everyone but you can usually commission someone to do this for you for a few hundred or low thousands.

Seems like a high price, however, when some are paying £50 per month for cleaner planner and then more for add ons you can see how the cost is near comparable over the course of 1-2 years.

My advice if anyone did wish to consider a custom route would be go onto freelancer or similar. or post a job contract on indeed and interview and discuss your needs. Contractor will provide a price and even if you don't go with it you'll still have learned something anyhow. This is likely to be fairly reasonable in terms of cost and provide you exactly what you want.

Another point is that you maintain control on your working system. There is nothing to stop any software provider having an issue, closing down or jacking up prices. Unlikely but still possible and should be a consideration.

A wildcard suggestion is to do what we have done.

I used excel or Numbers the mac equivalent. Had lots of analytical data and this helped me drive fast growth and manage things really well.

I could not find any software which did everything I wanted in the detail I require.

I had an associate of mine who deals in data analysis and software to make our own system. Power bi is very good for this but only available on microsoft normally.

In basic terms we can do all the normal scheduling. Payments can be synced to the csv file from the bank account as long as customers use the right reference.

We can track lots of nitty gritty data to make decisions and work out costings etc with just a few clicks.

Pretty much anything we want to know in terms of data we can have almost instantly.

We don't track vehicles but can upload a day or week or work and ai will calculate the best most efficient routes for this.

it's the same systems the supermarkets and delivery companies use.

It may not be for everyone but you can usually commission someone to do this for you for a few hundred or low thousands.

Seems like a high price, however, when some are paying £50 per month for cleaner planner and then more for add ons you can see how the cost is near comparable over the course of 1-2 years.

My advice if anyone did wish to consider a custom route would be go onto freelancer or similar. or post a job contract on indeed and interview and discuss your needs. Contractor will provide a price and even if you don't go with it you'll still have learned something anyhow. This is likely to be fairly reasonable in terms of cost and provide you exactly what you want.

Another point is that you maintain control on your working system. There is nothing to stop any software provider having an issue, closing down or jacking up prices. Unlikely but still possible and should be a consideration.

I would say that all the nitty gritty data is or can be all there on Cleaner Planner, it has loads of data, when customer was added how long there price has been at the current price, plus all their details for the job every single transaction is recorded also, anything pre-built always comes at a higher price, Also CP syncs with GoCardless which with a home built program you simply would not get, ultimately saving me time and money regarding chasing debts and admin my £25.00 a month to CP is drop in the ocean in comparison to savings I make each year, by virtually being all out digital. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back