Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Inside window cleaning!!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Justin1

Hi everyone one of my regular clients wants he’s insides doing this month 

so I have the Unger liquid and squeegee etc but is there anything better? Has anybody used the Unger stingray? 

Thanks 

I love an inside clean but in 35 degrees yesterday the inside of 3 connys nearly killed me and i have a new customer that must smoke 100 fags a day and ive done 2 inside cleans so far and the windows are still tacky and nicotiney.

But rough with the smooth

If I was you I would tell the customer to draw all curtains/blinds and remove all ornaments of the sill and if a TV/furniture is in a window ask them to make the window accessible.

Total pain but if you want to do it get an unger pouch for a spray bottle. Have it made up with soapy solution and spray on to glass/applicator. Rather than carting a bucket around a house on a hot day..catch excess drips with sill cloth like a pro. 

I brought a karcher vac last week as it was reduced at screwfix, and thought it might be useful for insides, getting rid of excess water etc. It might be quick and easy for a householder to use , but for us, mop and squeegee is 10 times quicker and have a better result. Took mine back to screwfix the day after trying it on my own windows 

Make sure he clears the sills for you and removes blinds etc. Nothing worse then having to clear your work area and then put it all back.

I use Carpet Right's tactic and tell the customer that it's £2 per item that I have to move (£1 to move, £1 to put back). 

It's lovely turning up to nice, clear sills! 

I’m not planning many inside jobs sounds like a nightmare, anybody used a Karcher vac? 
just say "sorry i dont clean insides".......

your making a rod for your own back.....after 26 years of window cleaning my first bit of advice to newbies is to refuse ALL inside work,its best avoided IMO....less hassle not cleaning them and leads to a more enjoyable working day....?

of course if your desperate for work go ahead....

I have some to do and wont turn it down while I still need more work, but agreed, if you got full books then its not worth it, unless you charge way more for it and get a better rate. I have one I do and it annoyingly includes several doors full of little glass french panes or whatever they're called. I whip through them with just a barely damp scrim and dry one quick after. Feel like a robot on base speed doing them ?

I love an inside clean but in 35 degrees yesterday the inside of 3 connys nearly killed me and i have a new customer that must smoke 100 fags a day and ive done 2 inside cleans so far and the windows are still tacky and nicotiney.

But rough with the smooth

I'd already decided insides weren't for me (I can be a bit clumsy in confined spaces) but your post has just completely guaranteed i'll never do internals lol.

just say "sorry i dont clean insides".......

your making a rod for your own back.....after 26 years of window cleaning my first bit of advice to newbies is to refuse ALL inside work,its best avoided IMO....less hassle not cleaning them and leads to a more enjoyable working day....?

of course if your desperate for work go ahead....

I hate inside work but for £400 for a mornings work doing inside a conservatory we have been known to do a few ???

Back