Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump controller

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Johnwindow1987

Hi everyone I had a new pump and controller today everything working great but the pump makes small pump when tap is off every few minutes. Only problem I’m having is I don’t think the controller is set right as I had it cheap from window cleaning wearhouse as the instructions are in Dutch . Dose anyone have copy or link to how to set the unit this is it I’ll add pic 

thank-you 

image.jpg

Hi everyone I had a new pump and controller today everything working great but the pump makes small pump when tap is off every few minutes. Only problem I’m having is I don’t think the controller is set right as I had it cheap from window cleaning wearhouse as the instructions are in Dutch . Dose anyone have copy or link to how to set the unit this is it I’ll add pic 

thank-you 

View attachment 17460

The controller has an inbuilt program to calibrate the pressure with relation to the rate of flow you require.

Its an electronic pressure switch which is controlled by the electrical power the motor draws. Every 3 seconds the controller sends out an electrical pulse to the motor to test to see if the tap is now open. This is normal. If the pressure in the line with the tap closed has dropped a little due to a small leak somewhere then the pump will run for a moment to rebuild the pressure. This is also normal.

Many Thanks for Spruce and Kevin for covering this. John out of interest can I ask are the cables on your controller Red , Black Brown and Blue ?

Oh, there must be something afoot here Ian. I wondered why WCW was selling controllers with Dutch instructions into the UK, but just thought that the wrong instruction leaflet was put into the box.

Oh, there must be something afoot here Ian. I wondered why WCW was selling controllers with Dutch instructions into the UK, but just thought that the wrong instruction leaflet was put into the box.
Hi Spruce, Nothing exciting, We did produce a Dutch language version of our user guide for the V11 for the Dutch distributors some time ago. WCW have links with some of these distributors, the controller has just had a bit of a holiday in the Netherlands.

Many Thanks for Spruce and Kevin for covering this. John out of interest can I ask are the cables on your controller Red , Black Brown and Blue ?
Yes the cables are red black brown and blue 

Think it will take a long time to get the hang of not having as much water coming out of jets as never have had a flow control first time today out with it and didn’t use much water but was running pump at 60 is this about right ?  

Yes the cables are red black brown and blue 

Think it will take a long time to get the hang of not having as much water coming out of jets as never have had a flow control first time today out with it and didn’t use much water but was running pump at 60 is this about right ?  
Whatever your happy with. I have the same controller as you and have the flow at 65 and the de set right up at 85. That's how I like to work using gardiner fan jets. 

I know a window cleaner who got rid of his controller as he preferred it going flat out and I know some who have the water dribbling out the end. 

Whatever suits you. 

Flow rates will always be an individual preference there are plenty who run flow in the 20,s and those who prefer higher flows. It is about what works for each the V11 is flexible enough to cover a very broad range.

Flow - volume and resistance comes into play. The limiting factor on how much water will reach the brush is the hose itself and the resistance of the hose wall,expansion rate of the hose as the hose has a maximum capacity. In testing with a 100PSI pump running into a 100 meter of 8mm ID hose A pump driving flat out direct from the battery draws 7 amps, Volume at the brush was 2.6LPM. Adding a pump controller saw the same flow volume generated at the brush With the pump only drawing 3 amps and the controller set to 60. Once the hose reaches its maximum capacity having a the pump work harder can actually reduce flow because the hose resistance increases and pressure falls.

This link give a little more detail http://springltd.co/blog/84/flow-resistance-and-volume

Back