Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wishbone knackered

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Den

Started work yesterday at 8.30 managed to get a couple of jobs done then noticed a clunking noise, drive straight to garage and was told a it was the wishbone.

So have got him to service,  new MOT and noticed the glow plugs light coming on he his going to do all today, so a short week and probably costly got lots of jobs at home to catch up with so not all lost.

Started work yesterday at 8.30 managed to get a couple of jobs done then noticed a clunking noise, drive straight to garage and was told a it was the wishbone.

So have got him to service,  new MOT and noticed the glow plugs light coming on he his going to do all today, so a short week and probably costly got lots of jobs at home to catch up with so not all lost.
Not surprising with the weight it carries around all the time. Not talking about the weight in the back either  :1f618:

Before you say anything it's why I bought a 3500kg van ?

???? time for a new van maybe ?...
Was my initial thought but it's a little van with 1000kg payload just what I need to be honest if I get two more years out of it I will be happy as I only do approx 4K in mileage a year. 

£1500 lighter ?massive list of jobs that need doing. 

That's real bad, as the years have gone by I've always gone for newer motors each time to try and avoid major repair issues,

then I went back over with the van, then I drove past the Mitsubishi dealership today and a brand new L200 warrior in a very nice dark grey ?, me always thinking about a new truck 

I'm ready for it now,dont want to be working beyond retirement like you are now ?

With that grey hair, I thought he was in retirement ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno, that £1.5k of repairs might see the van keep running another 5 years - whats the point getting another after spending that much?!

Sometimes it's better the devil you know..

I had the same dilemma a few years ago , sometimes it’s better to repair it sometimes it’s better to replace difficult decision ??

I had the same dilemma a few years ago , sometimes it’s better to repair it sometimes it’s better to replace difficult decision ??
Anything can happen it's the chance you take, 90k mileage carrying maximum load 5 days a week. I'm not surprise the suspension and bushes etc are shot If I get a couple of years then I will consider buying a new a brand new van. 

Anything can happen it's the chance you take, 90k mileage carrying maximum load 5 days a week. I'm not surprise the suspension and bushes etc are shot If I get a couple of years then I will consider buying a new a brand new van. 

Thats what I did but the new van is now nearly 5 years old , but only done 25000 miles , but gets a hard life fully loaded everyday .

then I went back over with the van, then I drove past the Mitsubishi dealership today and a brand new L200 warrior in a very nice dark grey ?, me always thinking about a new truck 

I know the exact feeling with the burnt orange Ford Ranger Wildtraks they always have parked up at a jaunty angle, stop tempting me...

I know the exact feeling with the burnt orange Ford Ranger Wildtraks they always have parked up at a jaunty angle, stop tempting me...
? It doesn't matter what angle they are parked at , every time I pass one I wish I hadn't got rid of my L200, I have to admit though I wouldn't get rid of my van, as a van is more practical over all. 

Back