Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tank filling controller

dyson123

Hi, apologies if this has already been covered but I’m looking for a water meter type thing that fits on my outside tap where I can set it to 350l or 500l etc and hit the button and it’ll fill the tank up without me having to stand and watch it.

I realize you can get ones that will run for a set amount of time but I’m looking for one that will run for a preset volume of water.

Thanks 

Hi, apologies if this has already been covered but I’m looking for a water meter type thing that fits on my outside tap where I can set it to 350l or 500l etc and hit the button and it’ll fill the tank up without me having to stand and watch it.

I realize you can get ones that will run for a set amount of time but I’m looking for one that will run for a preset volume of water.

Thanks 

I'm presuming you have very soft water where you are and only use di to filter your water.

If this is so then why not just fit a ball valve into the side of the tank that switches the watr off when the tank is full - like the toilet cistern.

Thanks, had that in the back of my mind and I will most likely do as you suggested. Just thought surely there has to be a device like I’ve described out there somewhere.

Yes luckily in a soft water area.

Thanks, had that in the back of my mind and I will most likely do as you suggested. Just thought surely there has to be a device like I’ve described out there somewhere.

Yes luckily in a soft water area.

I did look for a controller before I posted. Most of these controllers I saw were designed to operate for a certain time period every day - a 24 hr timer.

The other thing is how do you estimate how much water or how long the timer is to run before the tank is full?

If you do go down the ball valve route you need consider where you fix your valve. I had this on a trailer system and the ball come up into the open lid space allowing the tank to virtually completely fill.

I have in our shop a float linked to a solenoid valve and a control box that is connected to both. The float gets connected to your tank lid as is vertical. The control box can be operated by mains or battery. As soon as the float is activated it cuts off the flow of water.

Back