Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner backpack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clarkus84

Hey lads. Went to do a pvc clean yesterday, I was going to use my backpack but it died on me. Left if charging all night and still not going. When I go to turn it on the low setting I can hear a beep but it's not pumping? It has been used for softwashing before so I'm wondering if it is the pump. Do any of you lads have any experience of this? 

How old is it ?? Sounds like it could be the battery ?? They arnt  designed to have hypo put through them but we do it all the time and as long as it’s flushed out well after I find they last around 3 years , I know it will void the warranty but I don’t worry about that as it’s more than paid for with one job . Maybe @Alex Gardiner can give you some advice .

Hey lads. Went to do a pvc clean yesterday, I was going to use my backpack but it died on me. Left if charging all night and still not going. When I go to turn it on the low setting I can hear a beep but it's not pumping? It has been used for softwashing before so I'm wondering if it is the pump. Do any of you lads have any experience of this? 

Worth quickly removing the base plate and checking for loose connections to the pump & battery. 

Another thing to check is that the pole connections are correctly connected. Quite often a pole is not plugged in properly which dead ends the pump & stops it pumping. 

If the backpack is in warranty give us a call & we can help troubleshoot for you. 

Here is a link to a simple troubleshooting guide - worth taking the time to go through this - https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/media/wysiwyg/Backpack_Troubleshooting_Guide_-_Retail.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Back