Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Microfibre cloth or towel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paddie

Good Morning All,

Just joined the site today to glean some advice from more experienced members on here.

I am looking to start a traditional round but am not sure if microfibre towels (the camping kind) will work or is it best to use microfibre cloth?

any inputs greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance and hope everyone has a good un.

Welcome to the wonderful world of window cleaning. I personally use scrims for the detailing and microfiber cloths for frames and sills. I use the moerman liquidators and excelerator set up which reduces detailing by a huge amount so I may only use one scrim over two days. 

Good luck!

John

Gleam Clean

Window Cleaning Services 

I’ve found reusable nappy terry cloth very good. Hard wearing very absorbent drawback they don’t dry out to quickly and are expensive , I had a load from our last baby and rather than throw them away decided to try them and have suck with them ever since.

I’ve found reusable nappy terry cloth very good. Hard wearing very absorbent drawback they don’t dry out to quickly and are expensive , I had a load from our last baby and rather than throw them away decided to try them and have suck with them ever since.
I just spat my coffee out!! ?

I may not be the fussiest person on the planet but I'd try a Worther's Original over a left over nappy any day. 

Predictive text, eh? Don't you have to check it? ?

For small windows, like doing insides I'll often use scrim instead of squeeg. (use mop and blade for bigger glass but not too proficient) I find the microfibre wont glide across the glass like the scrim. luckily im mostly wfp. I could no doubt get quicker using mop and blade but its finding the right time.

I personally use scrims for the detailing and microfiber cloths for frames and sills. I use the moerman liquidators and excelerator set up which reduces detailing by a huge amount so I may only use one scrim over two days. 

Do same as mupps. I buy packs of microfibre cloths and keep three or four in my pouch for sills and frames and when one gets sodden throw it in the van and use another.And I still think good old scrims are better for detailing.

ive tried all sorts of microfibres over the years but you still cant beat scrim for detailing....i use unger grade A pre washed scrim

the towel variety of microfibres i use for frames and sills.....

I just spat my coffee out!! ?

I may not be the fussiest person on the planet but I'd try a Worther's Original over a left over nappy any day. 

Predictive text, eh? Don't you have to check it? ?

Yep, sounds wrong ? but they are amazing, several layers of cotton sewn together, they suck up water like a thirsty camel!

We don’t do much trad just s few insides I like microfibres  much better than scrims , always hated scrim when microfibres came out I swapped over , found them much better but you do need to buy decent ones as there are s lot of  poor quality ones out there .

costco is definatley your best one, big bag of 30 microfibre cloths for around £15 and they do a twin microfibre towel pack (80x60) for £8

Many moons ago, like more than 20 years when I used to help out my mates uncle during the school holidays he used old towels as sill cloths and to this day I have found towels to be the best hands down, bath sheets can be cut into four, bath towels cut in two but still a bit big, hand towels can be a bit big but still decent.

Like Mike, I use scrim for detailing and good quality microfiber for frames and sills doors etc

Handy to have two totally different items or colours, so u dont end up mixing them up on busy days

Been traditional 26 years mate. 

I swear by leathers for the edges. Wipes the edges perfect no smears. Buy them from Costco and cut each one in half. Need to rinse and spin them in washing machine about 5 times before u use them. 

I use same one all day unless been raining then I may use another. Best kept dry to do edges. 

Regarding cills and frames we use kitchen t towels. Soap in bucket yellow fairy liquid. Loads of it.

Carry 2 25 litres water barrels and top up at houses. 

Scrim for small windows and leads. 

Best quick release ladder straps I use zuru. Wont damage car and not got any nasty hooks like bungees. They are a game changer for ladders. 

Moving over to wfp soon tho. Getting old for those ladders 

Back