Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Spotless - Any hiccups?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tango

Just topped up my spotless water account - typed in 14.00 (was careful as always to type the decimal)

Now I have 1400 on my account - yes FOURTEEN HUNDRED.

No safety warning, no confirmation screen, no "this is a high amount", no nothing. Just ONE THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED POUNDS...

They've refunded it (well, shows on the website but not the bank yet) but just wondering if anyone else has had this?

Tango

Last edited by a moderator:
So it turns out that typing in 14.00 isn't a number that spotless accept. They dismiss the zero but continue to accept the two zeros after it.

Then they'll process the transaction... with two extra zeros instead of a decimal point and two zeros. 

They did agree to refund it with no quibble.. but it's left us in a massive pickle.

Think that would have kept me going 10+ years!

They've refunded it and given me credit for finding the bug on their website - saying they'll fix it in the next release but it's caused the knock-on effect of no money until the bank deals with the refund, overdraft charges etc etc.

On top of that i've had two cancellations, one yesterday, one today, had to cancel another tomorrow as i didn't have enough water credit after the refund (and no funds to start a fresh transaction etc) - told the client i'd had to order a new pump and it wouldn't be with me until next week. I really needed that job...

So I'm screwed. I feel like packing it in now and calling it a day. There's always a bloody gotcha in my life..

Think that would have kept me going 10+ years!

They've refunded it and given me credit for finding the bug on their website - saying they'll fix it in the next release but it's caused the knock-on effect of no money until the bank deals with the refund, overdraft charges etc etc.

On top of that i've had two cancellations, one yesterday, one today, had to cancel another tomorrow as i didn't have enough water credit after the refund (and no funds to start a fresh transaction etc) - told the client i'd had to order a new pump and it wouldn't be with me until next week. I really needed that job...

So I'm screwed. I feel like packing it in now and calling it a day. There's always a bloody gotcha in my life..
 I used to feel this way often, not just window cleaning, but everything. has taken me many many years to get round it all and find myself in a place where Im not fighting and losing all the time. Dont get me wrong, im not financially secure yet or got anywhere near where i want to be in life, but im not gonna let it get me. ever since being a kid, it was always rebel without a cause (though there were quite a few causes to be fair) And it near destroyed me and sent me to oblivion.

its hard, and taken me a lifetime to realize, but you have to give yourself peace in your own mind, then everything, problems etc all seem that much easier.

And do what? You're obviously struggling currently but once that money hits the bank you will be back up and running again. Would be very silly, in my opinion, to give up your round because you, or Spotless, made a technical error. Will struggle to find a job that pays as well as this once you're established. 

From my experience in the 63 years since I clawed my way out of the birth sac, I have found that there is almost always something to deal with. I suspect it's the same for most people. Just have to get on and deal with it. Some of the bigger ones are not easy but some of the smaller ones can seem more important at the time than they actually are. 

Hang in there Tango you'll get it sorted. ?

Looks like you have been tangoed. All points to you buying a RO system which will eliminate anymore hassle regarding pure. fwiw

I have a small 2nd hand unit which makes it at 3ppm however on a water meter it isn't cost effective. Our last water bill was shocking as it is and this thing puts out very little pure to waste.

To be fair to spotless their customer service is very good - and so is their setup but i must admit i was horrified to find they'd done the card for £1.4k instead of 14 quid. They didn't quibble either - the moment i spoke to the lady at the other end about it she processed the refund immediately but she said she couldn't stop the pending transaction - you'd think the bank would.. but no.... Hate banks, they know exactly how to deliberately screw people over don't they.

Just an update to this...

Still £1400 down, bank still has the outgoing funds marked as pending (thus locked and overdrawn), still no refund (presumably locked up in the same way), bank account is still locked, we're still struggling, money is now exhausted. 

I've got my missus's birthday on Saturday, had a day out planned, that's now completely wrecked. Phone is also on the brink of collapse (knackered built in battery - can't get it replaced now), scared of putting petrol in the car now too. Already lost 3 jobs over this...

Can't help but think this will really screw up the credit rating too.

Bank via twitter has now confirmed a visit to the branch is needed and a meeting with the bank manager in order to file paperwork to have the negative mark removed from the credit score.

Spotless water have created a nasty chain reaction here.

Bank via twitter has now confirmed a visit to the branch is needed and a meeting with the bank manager in order to file paperwork to have the negative mark removed from the credit score.

Spotless water have created a nasty chain reaction here.
Being over drawn for week or two will not effect credit score , 

Obviously with you struggling financially,  i take it you don’t have anybody to help you out , Family ? Friends?   Maybe you’re too proud ?

Nope, no family or friends. Never really had any family, just one crazy parent (if you've seen the film "About a boy" you'll get the idea of my life as a kid and what my mother was like) and friends .. well.. what can i say, i've never been allowed a social life.

For the hole they've dug and shoved me into I just wish spotless would fill it in and finish the job. I've had enough of them now.

STILL no movement at the bank today.

Are you just needing water ? If I remember correctly your from Kent ? Am pretty sure be windys on here who live near , sure they could fill you up??

If she processed it on Thursday should have been in your account today as takes 3 working days. If not in by tomorrow I would ask for proof that transaction has been done. They should be able to provide snap shot of screen showing reverse payment.

Are you just needing water ? If I remember correctly your from Kent ? Am pretty sure be windys on here who live near , sure they could fill you up??

Water isn't the issue - the credited my account with a gesture the same day however who's ever successfully run a petrol engine on pure cos i'l love to know the secret of how!

Add to that food and various other expenses that come up... spotless literally crippled us.

I'm not in a good place at the moment, just can't be bothered with anything. They've really buggered up everything including my sleep. They weren't nightmares but i certainly had 3 weird dreams about them last night which was a bit of an unwanted experience considering i used to think incredibly highly of them.

My partners birthday is Saturday. I had worked it out that i could just afford a day out to Chessington - after 15 years of knowing her i found out the other week up at thomas land that she likes roller coasters (she always swore blind before we had the little'un she'd never step on one - she's always hated roundabouts in the car too). Anyway i'd worked out i could just about afford a day at chessington for the 3 of us. That is now totally decimated. My phone has also been knackered for weeks - battery is so old and weak it'll crash the phone at 95%. Local repair shop was going to do that for me this week for £30 too. Again, that's buggered now i've had to put off jobs etc. It's a dual sim - one for persona, one for windows so not easily replaced at a tesco mobile or other shop hence the repair. It started ringing earlier today, before i could answer it the screen went blank the vibrator went from intermittent to constant for around 20 seconds. 

I just can't be bothered now. No point putting in effort to have it all destroyed by some idiot who thought ignoring the decimal point would be harmless. 

Water isn't the issue - the credited my account with a gesture the same day however who's ever successfully run a petrol engine on pure cos i'l love to know the secret of how!

Add to that food and various other expenses that come up... spotless literally crippled us.

I'm not in a good place at the moment, just can't be bothered with anything. They've really buggered up everything including my sleep. They weren't nightmares but i certainly had 3 weird dreams about them last night which was a bit of an unwanted experience considering i used to think incredibly highly of them.

My partners birthday is Saturday. I had worked it out that i could just afford a day out to Chessington - after 15 years of knowing her i found out the other week up at thomas land that she likes roller coasters (she always swore blind before we had the little'un she'd never step on one - she's always hated roundabouts in the car too). Anyway i'd worked out i could just about afford a day at chessington for the 3 of us. That is now totally decimated. My phone has also been knackered for weeks - battery is so old and weak it'll crash the phone at 95%. Local repair shop was going to do that for me this week for £30 too. Again, that's buggered now i've had to put off jobs etc. It's a dual sim - one for persona, one for windows so not easily replaced at a tesco mobile or other shop hence the repair. It started ringing earlier today, before i could answer it the screen went blank the vibrator went from intermittent to constant for around 20 seconds. 

I just can't be bothered now. No point putting in effort to have it all destroyed by some idiot who thought ignoring the decimal point would be harmless. 

Hey I know it’s easy for me to say but try and look forward with a positive view things can only get better ??? you will get this sorted , it sounds to me like you are under a lot of pressure at the moment but things will improve , take one day at a time , think where you are now with the number of customers that you have and what you had a couple of months ago you are getting there slowly and that’s what counts , sorry to hear how you feel , we all have lows but Ime sure things will pick up for you very soon stick with it ??

Back