Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Dino

You gotta laugh!

scottish cleaning service

The Juliet Balcony's i do have a sheet of wired mesh in front of them. I am going to clean the top till March when i will trad the bottom for start of the cleaning season. 

Part Timer
13 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

The Juliet Balcony's i do have a sheet of wired mesh in front of them. I am going to clean the top till March when i will trad the bottom for start of the cleaning season. 

Well you obviously can't do them or the ones with glass instead of railings. They open in over so they can be cleaned from inside. 

10 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Well you obviously can't do them or the ones with glass instead of railings. They open in over so they can be cleaned from inside. 

I can squeeze the brush through the bottom but i intend to make a baby brush with a 1' plastic pipe as the shaft or a curling brush. They are not that high and at least the customer can see i'm trying.

Part Timer
3 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I can squeeze the brush through the bottom but i intend to make a baby brush with a 1' plastic pipe as the shaft or a curling brush. They are not that high and at least the customer can see i'm trying.

Will be quicker, easier and safer to go inside and do them. Personally wouldn't bother as it's very unlikely the customer would want to pay you enough to cover the time it will take you. 

5 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Will be quicker, easier and safer to go inside and do them. Personally wouldn't bother as it's very unlikely the customer would want to pay you enough to cover the time it will take you. 

No one is in when i do them, it would be nice to replace the mesh with glass, might mention it to them.

Edited by scottish cleaning service

Davy G

I think I'm one of the few people who didn't really get on with the swivel. My own fault I'm sure. Didn't have the patience to persevere long enough to get used to it. I'll have another go some time. 😊

Pjj
13 minutes ago, Davy G said:

I think I'm one of the few people who didn't really get on with the swivel. My own fault I'm sure. Didn't have the patience to persevere long enough to get used to it. I'll have another go some time. 😊

We don't like swivels but put the brush sideways through the railings and clean as normal bit fiddly but doable 

Part Timer
44 minutes ago, Pjj said:

We don't like swivels but put the brush sideways through the railings and clean as normal bit fiddly but doable 

You don't like swivels 😲 One of the best things invented, makes awkward windows easy. Saves time and strain on the shoulders. We don't use them above 27' but have them on every pole below that.

Pjj
5 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

You don't like swivels 😲 One of the best things invented, makes awkward windows easy. Saves time and strain on the shoulders. We don't use them above 27' but have them on every pole below that.

I have never bought one but a friend of mine had one and I tried that , didn’t get on with it at all I like the ridgedness of the brush without any movement, and if there is a need I can use the end of the  of the brush to scrub bird poo with the swivel you can’t ,each to there own but it’s not for me . 

wezza13
On 07/09/2019 at 20:40, scottish cleaning service said:

Talking about access issues, how do you clean the bottom of a patio door with a silly Juliet Balcony with a wfp? I just do the top half.

I use a 10 inch gooseneck and with a quick sideways turn, you can get through the bars and clean the lower half. Quite a few properties have them around here. They are a pain in the **** though, in slowing you down.

wezza13

One lady asked me to clean her conservatory roof in October of last year. We did it and she was happy with the job and how well it had come up.

Fast forward to this June and, whilst cleaning her windows (which we do every 8 weeks), she announces that she wasn't happy with the conservatory roof job as it's got dirty far too quickly! She lives in an old school that is swamped by trees and a lot of them overhang the conservatory roof. Of course she blames it on the purified water - "must be because you used that mineral water 🙄". So I asked her why she hasn't complained about her windows that we clean every 8 weeks with "mineral" water! That's right, you haven't because they're being cleaned consistently, so of course your roof is going to get dirty. She said she expected that, once cleaned, it would stay clean for at least a couple of years...

Davy G
53 minutes ago, wezza13 said:

One lady asked me to clean her conservatory roof in October of last year. We did it and she was happy with the job and how well it had come up.

Fast forward to this June and, whilst cleaning her windows (which we do every 8 weeks), she announces that she wasn't happy with the conservatory roof job as it's got dirty far too quickly! She lives in an old school that is swamped by trees and a lot of them overhang the conservatory roof. Of course she blames it on the purified water - "must be because you used that mineral water 🙄". So I asked her why she hasn't complained about her windows that we clean every 8 weeks with "mineral" water! That's right, you haven't because they're being cleaned consistently, so of course your roof is going to get dirty. She said she expected that, once cleaned, it would stay clean for at least a couple of years...

Some people, eh! 

Dino

This has to become the thread of LOL.  Another customer today told me her old window cleaner keeps coming back when he feels like it.  I cleaned her house like a month ago and then she text me to say she could not pay me as the other guy turned up and cleaned them just after me and she had to pay him as she had not cancelled him when she asked me to do them!  Anyway, plot thickens, I rock up today and say to the woman 'do you still want me to do your windows or is the other guy gonna be back'?  She said 'nah, Ive paid him and told him he is not to come back'.  She acknowledged she owed me for 1 clean so like a complete tool I cleaned them again, expecting she would pay for 2 cleans.  A few hours later cleaning on the same estate I bump into her old cleaner.  He reckons she owes him 3 months of cleans and told him I was not coming back!!!!!  Talk about playing 2 windies off against each other and getting your windows cleaned for free!!!  Bloody scumbag is so gonna get some eggs delivered.  Why do people think they can do this and get away with it.  So angry.

Perryb91
1 hour ago, Dino said:

This has to become the thread of LOL.  Another customer today told me her old window cleaner keeps coming back when he feels like it.  I cleaned her house like a month ago and then she text me to say she could not pay me as the other guy turned up and cleaned them just after me and she had to pay him as she had not cancelled him when she asked me to do them!  Anyway, plot thickens, I rock up today and say to the woman 'do you still want me to do your windows or is the other guy gonna be back'?  She said 'nah, Ive paid him and told him he is not to come back'.  She acknowledged she owed me for 1 clean so like a complete tool I cleaned them again, expecting she would pay for 2 cleans.  A few hours later cleaning on the same estate I bump into her old cleaner.  He reckons she owes him 3 months of cleans and told him I was not coming back!!!!!  Talk about playing 2 windies off against each other and getting your windows cleaned for free!!!  Bloody scumbag is so gonna get some eggs delivered.  Why do people think they can do this and get away with it.  So angry.

I got dropped today by a customer, I signed her because her window cleaner disappeared for like 4 months but rocked up yesterday with good reason for not being about. Fair enough I thought ish....maybe had family/illness issues etc etc. Dont know weather to be annoyed I've lost one or glad theres some loyalty 

dazmond
On 06/09/2019 at 16:30, Dino said:

Like the title says you gotta laugh.  Did a customers windows over a week ago.  Sent her a text over a week later just to nudge her long.  She owed me £15.  Within 2 minutes of my text being sent she fired one back saying 'not happy with results, you left bird poo on the glass so I am only gonna pay you £10 this time'.  Was only second clean, every 8 weeks.  I checked my a/c and yup she had paid me a tenner and needled me out of £5.  Now I know those windows were spotless when I left them and she had to wait for me to prompt her for payment before she decides to mess me about.  Binned...... Funny, I have only been in this game a few months and I am seeing a lot of this.  I have some great customers who pay me the same day.   I am not sterotyping but in my experience those who seem to have less, the small bungalows, the retired couples with small houses are the great payers.  The ones with mansions and BMWs seem to be the penny pinchers that just make stuff up to not pay or make sure they only have a one off clean.  When I first quoted I said to my mrs in the car as we drove off, that woman is going to be hard work.  Funny you seem to develop a radar for time wasters.  

you could of left bird muck on the glass....... esp on an upper window......i would of phoned her up once she sent a text about the bird muck and gone back and recleaned the window the next day for free.....shes a new customer and its your reputation on the line  id give her the benefit of the doubt first time round.....

i have loads of posh houses with electronic gates and range rovers,porsches,mercedes,BMWs...even a mcclaren F4 on their drives and they are all good solid customers.......its a myth that they are all tight and dont pay......most are great......

if your getting a lot of complaints id take a bit more notice of your actual cleaning........esp as you re relatively inexperienced......

Dino

I understand what you are saying.  But first off, I never leave until I am certain the job is bang on.  As I am getting referrals from happy customers as the quality of customers tend to be better than from canvassing.  I focus on quality.

The woman should have phoned me up if there was an issue and a free clean would have been offered.  I unfortunately did not get that opportunity.  She decided to complain nearly two weeks after the job was done and only when I chased her for payment.

Always willing to listen to customer feedback.  Not really in the business to be mugged off by some muppet with an audi on the drive who clearly did not want more than a one off clean and decided to mug me off for £5 in the process.

dazmond
17 minutes ago, Dino said:

I understand what you are saying.  But first off, I never leave until I am certain the job is bang on.  As I am getting referrals from happy customers as the quality of customers tend to be better than from canvassing.  I focus on quality.

The woman should have phoned me up if there was an issue and a free clean would have been offered.  I unfortunately did not get that opportunity.  She decided to complain nearly two weeks after the job was done and only when I chased her for payment.

Always willing to listen to customer feedback.  Not really in the business to be mugged off by some muppet with an audi on the drive who clearly did not want more than a one off clean and decided to mug me off for £5 in the process.

unfortunately you ll get a fair few messers when starting out.....itll settle down after a few years.....i still get caught out occasionally but its very rare after 26 years window cleaning.....i can normally sniff them out a mile away!👍