Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tips for speed ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Cick

Any tips on how to be more efficient not sure if I'm going over stuff to much or what but seem a bit off the pace I find read takes me a long time I wipe over the frames cobwebs and all the rest maybe I'm taking to long doing the pre detail part ?

Any tips on how to be more efficient not sure if I'm going over stuff to much or what but seem a bit off the pace I find read takes me a long time I wipe over the frames cobwebs and all the rest maybe I'm taking to long doing the pre detail part ?
you get faster every week, till you kind of reach the limit that you can do. Sometimes im going so like the clappers that i hope im not being watched. Just go steady and work how you feel comfortable with. mind you, if you're too critical, you could keep going back for this speck or that, and end up losing a lot of time. I know a good job is a must, but you know, you could always find an imperfection if you look hard enough.

Once you have been around a couple of times, you are then cleaning what is known as ‘maintenance cleans’.

In other words, you don’t have to make several passes with the brush on the frames. Just one whip round on the frames then onto the glass.

As mentioned above, you will get faster with experience.

Good luck.

Pub time. Have a great weekend fellow windies ?

Once you have been around a couple of times, you are then cleaning what is known as ‘maintenance cleans’.

In other words, you don’t have to make several passes with the brush on the frames. Just one whip round on the frames then onto the glass.

As mentioned above, you will get faster with experience.

Good luck.

Pub time. Have a great weekend fellow windies ?
I'll second that, ?

I stay away from wiping down with cloths. They mean double handling, wet hands, possible arthritis, time and effort wasted and don't achieve anything I can't do just as well with the brush.

I aim to finish an average size wìndow in 20 to 30 seconds and step briskly towards the next one. Brisk is important for speed. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I stay away from wiping down with cloths. They mean double handling, wet hands, possible arthritis, time and effort wasted and don't achieve anything I can't do just as well with the brush.

I aim to finish an average size wìndow in 20 to 30 seconds and step briskly towards the next one. Brisk is important for speed. 
You mean wfp ? If so not all customers want wfp and certain things like coffee shops ect ... 

Sorry yeah,Wfp. I don't allow the customers to dictate what tools I use to do my work. ?

Well said , provided the end results are good it doesn’t matter how you do the job , if it’s a shop front and they don’t want it wet just squeegee it off , or do it before they open , Evan with wfp leaving it wet it will dry in 10 muinits and a far better finish as all surrounding areas will have been cleaned as well 

Well said , provided the end results are good it doesn’t matter how you do the job , if it’s a shop front and they don’t want it wet just squeegee it off , or do it before they open , Evan with wfp leaving it wet it will dry in 10 muinits and a far better finish as all surrounding areas will have been cleaned as well 
Yeah. I won't squeegee either (double handling, and my valuable time wasted for no better finish). Brush only. ?

I been thinking about that for a while..

Am I the only one who feels guilty that it should actually be that quick and easy for silly money? lol

I been thinking about that for a while..

Am I the only one who feels guilty that it should actually be that quick and easy for silly money? lol
I used to. But a mate of mine who'd been doing wfp for 4 years before I started said "Don't worry about it, get it done and move on. They're paying for a service, not for your time". On rare occasions someone might make a slightly snide remark. But I have the answer. "Yes we're fast. Cos we get stuck in. We have very good equipment and technique". If they push it I tell them "You've had every wìndow, frame, sill and door washed and rinsed with purefied water, none of which is re-used. Fresh water is coming through the brush from start to finish.

All our present customers accept our speed and a few have complimented us on our efficient working methods. 

Speed comes with experience. Ive had people say "that was quick" all i say is that i have bought high quality tools that are expensive so i can work quicker, i dont make more money (lie) but i can get through all my work. Or words to that effect. 

Back