Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water genie TITAN 40ft pole quality

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Chris H

Hi.

I have worked with a cheap fiber glass 42ft pole for 4 years. I decided to buy a new one. Because the cheap pole was firm and decent I decided to go for 40ft TTITAN by Water Genie from the Cleaning Warehouse. I am totally disappointed. It is very flexible. It bends more than my fishing rod. A slightest gust of wind makes it fly. It is so soft you can hardly runs and move it sideways. Is it only my experience? Did you have similar problem with it? The seller dismissed all reservations saying that it is the very nature of fiberglass but my experience is different. My old pole was a lot firmer. Any experience with long fibreglass water genie?

To be honest even a carbon fiber pole has some flex in it at 40ft, so I would definitely expect a fiber glass pole to have some serious bend or flex at height, I really would have thought fiberglass poles would have stopped been sold by now 

At that height you really do need a top of the line carbon fibre pole. I like my Gardiners Xtreme 47, but I hear the ultimate is stiffer.

I also started out with a second hand 25feet Unger Glass fibre pole. And the first section was really not usable above a first floor so I extended it half way only. It's like whipping a cooked noodle about..

Thank you for replying and advice. I don't want to be funny. I just have had experience with fiber glass poles. I expect them to have some flex. I worked with 3 different types over 40 ft. And the TITAN flex is something I haven't experienced before. 

Latest Posts

Back