Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Easiest route to battery on ford transit connect

WCF

Help Support WCF:

danwyatt3412

I have recently got a new ford transit connect and am trying to run the cable from my leisure battery to the main battery in the engine compartment of the van so the leisure battery charges using a split relay. Has anyone done this and if so what is the easiest route to get the cables through the dash and into the engine compartment. Any help or tips would be much appreciated.  

Unless you have are doing 20 miles plus a day or more and that may not be enough, then far easier to charge via a quality charger each night 

If you are using an electric reel also a 105ah battery will deplete by 50% each day and will need fully charging each night to keep your battery in tip top condition 

Unless you have are doing 20 miles plus a day or more and that may not be enough, then far easier to charge via a quality charger each night 

If you are using an electric reel also a 105ah battery will deplete by 50% each day and will need fully charging each night to keep your battery in tip top condition 
Sorry can't help with the Ford but if you have a power reel you can run the cables to the van battery as well, that's what I've done and I never have any problems.  I do about 150 miles a week so i only charge my leisure  battery about once a month.  

I would double cheak first as far as Ime aware split charge relays don’t work on modern vans due to stuff like kinetic charging that’s certainly the way with two of my vans and both Renault and Toyota said if I connect any charger into the vehicle electrics it will invalidate the warrantee , I think most now use a b2 b charging system but again this can be model specific , so cheak for your model with someone who knows what they are talking about . 

Latest Posts

Back