Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Commercial price help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DJT

Hi all, been asked to quote for below building. Window clean, 4 times a year. 186 panels of glass I believe. Initially was thinking £1a panel but not sure if that's too cheap. 

Screenshot_20190908-173743.jpg

Screenshot_20190906-151327.jpg

Looks like a 47' should reach that, always hard to judge a big building accurately from a photo but that looks like a 4 hour max job so with the height I'd be happy at that. 

Don't know what Brum is like price wise, probably higher than up here so probably circa £200. £50 an hour is decent money. 

The price would also depend on what hoops you have to jump through, payment terms etc. 

That’s on cuckoo bridge they are green and black! The canal is right there so id go off £300 first clean and £200 every quarter you will get it easy 

That’s on cuckoo bridge they are green and black! The canal is right there so id go off £300 first clean and £200 every quarter you will get it easy 
I've yet to do a site visit as haven't had time yet. Good to know that they are bad! Yes @Part TimerI would like to aim for £50 an hour so sounds about right. 

I think that is way to cheap , I would be quoting £350-400 per clean when working on jobs like that there is far more to it than a good hourly rate , the cost of the pole needs to be taken into consideration, they will want rams in place , looks like there will be issues with pedestrians , so will probably need doing out of working hours , it looks like an exposed location , so any wind you will probably have to postpone it , it’s much harder work working at height ,water will have to be swept off the ledges or it will cause horrendous track lines , if it’s not been cleaned for a while it will be a a hard job initially, doing it quarterly will be like a first clean each time , ideally it should be £450-500 in my opinion , we do jobs at 3 storey with less glass areas than that for the prices quoted at the top of my post on a 6 weekly cycle and have been doing them for over 15 years don’t undersell your services but if you are keen to get the job then only you can decide what to charge , we do work in Bristol, Bath Oxford,and Chelsea and Cornwall at these prices so it can be achieved all over the country . On 4 storey and above we are considerably dearer . 

The side towards the river looks like a pain. You need a good amount of space to clean comfortably at that height. But pictures might lie.

@DJT how did you get on and have you any feedback regarding this job?
Hi fella. In the process of quoting up. I'm a one man band that's 98% residential with a transit connect. I'm thinking I'm just probably a year away from a job like this. It's grade 2 listed, I'd have to rent or buy a load of gear, will prob take me best part of a week to do, so thinking of passing on it. Could do with the cash from a job like this but sometimes you need to be realistic. Wouldn't want to screw this up lol 

Hi fella. In the process of quoting up. I'm a one man band that's 98% residential with a transit connect. I'm thinking I'm just probably a year away from a job like this. It's grade 2 listed, I'd have to rent or buy a load of gear, will prob take me best part of a week to do, so thinking of passing on it. Could do with the cash from a job like this but sometimes you need to be realistic. Wouldn't want to screw this up lol 
Good decision, can always go back to it if you're straight with them. Can't go back if you drop them in it.

Back