Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Power up Hd Installation

Squeegee1

Looking for some advice for installation of above reel into a lease van.

Can't fit it on top of water tank so will need to fit it in the floor. But as it's a lease van not keen on drilling into the floor.

Has anybody else installed one without drilling holes in the floor, or any ideas on a way round it. Many thanks Steve ?

Are there any anchors/eyes for cargo straps? I removed mine, replacing them with brackets and build a small wooden frame to support the reel. If that makes sense.

I don’t have one but a sheet on plywood on the van floor and attach it to that then no need to fix it to the van floor 

Looking for some advice for installation of above reel into a lease van.

Can't fit it on top of water tank so will need to fit it in the floor. But as it's a lease van not keen on drilling into the floor.

Has anybody else installed one without drilling holes in the floor, or any ideas on a way round it. Many thanks Steve ?
If you have a tank in there then surely you have already gone through the floor, to have the tank fitted, anyways onto the reel they ain't so easy to fit as it's made out, did you get the self tapping screws/bolts with the reel because I didn't so this project had to be undertaken, I have used a 500mm kitchen door and my neighbour made the plastic feet you can see, the board was nessacary because of the raised pattern on the floor as the reel needs to be sitting level not just flat,

We used some very good quality wood screws to attach the board to the floor, this in a way is your only option in terms of securing the reel in the van for daily use and whilst driving, then you should be able to screw the reel to the board, and you can only put 3 screws in as as you can't get to one because of the motor been in the way, doing it this way will leave some small screw holes in the van floor, but no different to someone having ply-lined the van floor, only screwing into the raised sections on the van floor will ensure that the screws don't go through the van floor and stick out underneath.

Maybe ask the lease company if they would ok with you placing some ply-lining on the van floor if you get the green light, just get some put down before you hand the van back, I am pretty certain a decent joiner could cut some ply board to fit without spending money on a full kit or the prices they charge online. 

20190815_171638.jpg

Thanks bud for all the above information.

Think this is definitely the way to go.

I didn't get the self tappers either.

Have a great day, and thanks again.
No worries at all, if you can't easily get hold of some suitable self tapping bolts, then get on to Waterworks asap as i assume these may work best for you and they should have been supplied. 

Back