Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter Vacuuums

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ash87

Hi im going to invest in a gutter vac i done a bit of research today and realised my budget of £800 wouldnt get me what most on here were recommending 

I have however seen on the kiam website they have a sale on could someone advise me whether this is a good purchase please ? 

TIA 

https://kiamproducts.co.uk/catalog/category/view/s/vacuum-cleaner/id/146/?product_list_dir=desc

im thinking il get the most expensive one the kv100

@Gav any chance you could move this to the gutter cleaning section sorry im just getting used to this new forum layout. Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a skyvac Atom a cpl weeks ago, cost me £400 and the camera another £149.

Great purchase and has earned its mpney back in first week of owning it.

If your budget is £800 my advice would be get the same as me and keep the balance for a rainy day.

Thanks @HWCS i could and might make do with the atom im just trying to see if i can slightly future proof myself and get a bigger machine that is that bit more use-able , having said that iv not compared the specs as i only found the kiams on sale while out and about.

Got a sky vac industrial... keep an eye on ebay they run listings there sometimes and I won one for like under a grand i am sure it was poles included. Top vac bettered by no other, although 2 or 3 others probs similar or same spec when working 

I also bought a skyvac atom and they are a good little vacuum. Picks everything up in the gutters. Comes with 6 poles if I remember and tools and carry case. Well worth the money. 

Thanks for you inputs, im still unsure what to do as when iv read all the other posts most of the guys that are doing gutter jobs are recommending higher specced machines than the atom and it looks like the Kiams will do the trick , 

i dont mind having an atom but dont want to have to upgrade again within a year because its a time consuming machine , 

Having typed this out iv just thought unless i really go after big industrial jobs and particularly high buildimgs which isnt likely i think an atom will suffice ?? thanks everyone ????

I'v got a £200 Maxblaster and its great after i changed it to a side entry which i bought from Spinaclean for £80. Used it Monday and made the 200 back. Other thing i did was buy Spinaclean's 10m 51mm hose and cuffs which set me back £180. Got a 40m set of Carbon Poles from ebay for £400 and my set-up cost less than £900. With the work coming in, I'm looking at buying from https://guttervacuum.co.uk/ which is over 10k LPM as mine is only 6k LPM. I was told the new Elite poles from Spinaclean keep breaking at the top pole and they are plastic coated with Carbon which is not ideal. fwiw

was told the new Elite poles from Spinaclean keep breaking at the top pole and they are plastic coated with Carbon which is not ideal. fwiw
Whoever told you must be very heavy handed. I've done over £20k in gutters using them and only snapped one, I did bash it against the edge of a steel container though, not exactly the poles fault. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoever told you must be very heavy handed. I've done over £20k in gutters using them and only snapped one, I did bash it against the edge of a steel container though, not exactly the poles fault. 

Are they really plastic with a coating of carbon fibre? He has broke a few at the top of the pole but they have always replaced it.

Thanks @scottish cleaning service im gonna spend this week touting for a few more gutter cleans and depending what extra gutters i pick up i will make a choice next week, 

also i saw this whilst looking about might be of interest to you 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/367618134151791/ 

I would snap this up but he is down in Bristol.

https://www.acpressurewashers.co.uk/product-category/pressure-washers/wet-dry-vacuums/

I'm no expert on vacs but believe I'm getting a good deal on this one, its costing me £335 for the vac & £225 for the poles (plus VAT) what do you guys think?

The vac I think is great value for money, the poles are aluminium so they're probably not such a great deal. The OP could buy the vac, get some flag poles and still have change for a camera 

https://www.acpressurewashers.co.uk/product-category/pressure-washers/wet-dry-vacuums/

I'm no expert on vacs but believe I'm getting a good deal on this one, its costing me £335 for the vac & £225 for the poles (plus VAT) what do you guys think?

The vac I think is great value for money, the poles are aluminium so they're probably not such a great deal. The OP could buy the vac, get some flag poles and still have change for a camera 
I ordered the atom about 15 mins ago ,got it with the 34ft poles all delivered for £535 i will proberly buy a camera aswell but will do that seperatly - i decided il test the water with the atom and if demand needs i can invest in a bigger machine later .

I bought a skyvac Atom a cpl weeks ago, cost me £400 and the camera another £149.

Great purchase and has earned its mpney back in first week of owning it.

If your budget is £800 my advice would be get the same as me and keep the balance for a rainy day.
Which camera system did you buy?

The one I see on Skyvac's website is £490 ex VAT

Just a question about the cameras, I'm thinking of getting a cleaner, how hard is it to clean a gutter blind without a camera, I'm guessing very difficult so is the camera a necessity?

If so any recommendations for something a bit cheaper than the ones I've been looking at which are about £500

Thanks

Just a question about the cameras, I'm thinking of getting a cleaner, how hard is it to clean a gutter blind without a camera, I'm guessing very difficult so is the camera a necessity?

If so any recommendations for something a bit cheaper than the ones I've been looking at which are about £500

Thanks
Some people just get a Go Pro, there are cheaper versions available 

Back