Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Income Protection Insurance

WCF

Help Support WCF:

What would you do if you had an accident or sickness and couldn't work. I recently came across a company that does "Income Protection Insurance". You set the amount you would like to be paid for the time you are off. Very reasonable monthly cost which is tax deductible. The payout is also tax free. If anyone is interested please contact Ann Lewis on 07854 101441. Mention Window cleaning forum to get the best price

I am 63 years young with an ongoing medical condition. I am paying just £24 per month to guarantee me £500 per month and don't forget the £24 comes out of my business and the £500 is tax free

I pay £24.36 a month for £2000 cover a month. Just enough to cover bills and living costs. My mortgage advisor recommended I get it when I remortgaged as lenders take it into account - especially as I am the sole earner in the household.

I pay £24.36 a month for £2000 cover a month. Just enough to cover bills and living costs. My mortgage advisor recommended I get it when I remortgaged as lenders take it into account - especially as I am the sole earner in the household.

The premium is is determined by the persons age and any existing medical conditions , I have an accident policy but not a sickness one , mortgage will be paid off next May , so bills are minimal , there are that many different insurance   policy’s out there covering so many things you could spend more than you earn on this and that . I had a year off work after an accident , and the insurance paid out in full , but if I sat down and worked out what I have spent in premiums over the last 37 years I would still be better off putting that money into a separate account rather than paying the premium , but I accept it gives you piece of mind if you have big bills and a family relying on your income alone 

The premium is is determined by the persons age and any existing medical conditions , I have an accident policy but not a sickness one , mortgage will be paid off next May , so bills are minimal , there are that many different insurance   policy’s out there covering so many things you could spend more than you earn on this and that . I had a year off work after an accident , and the insurance paid out in full , but if I sat down and worked out what I have spent in premiums over the last 37 years I would still be better off putting that money into a separate account rather than paying the premium , but I accept it gives you piece of mind if you have big bills and a family relying on your income alone 
 From my perspective it’s a no brainer - not so much the security side of it (I’ve not had a sick day for over 5 years) but it was the difference between getting a decent rate on my mortgage. For the same deal/terms on my mortgage I would have paid just over £100 a month more without the insurance, so the benefits are two-fold. 

From my perspective it’s a no brainer - not so much the security side of it (I’ve not had a sick day for over 5 years) but it was the difference between getting a decent rate on my mortgage. For the same deal/terms on my mortgage I would have paid just over £100 a month more without the insurance, so the benefits are two-fold. 

Ok I haven’t Hurd that before , Ime lucky mortgage is paid  off in May next year ?? so not a problem .

I have a policy, but it's almost pointless, the very best cover I can get and the payout I can get is around £800 a month which is quite a way off what I need to cover me, but it pays out till I am 65 years of age should the worst happen at almost £30 a month I always consider is it worth it.

Got two insurances , one for short term sickeness , ( cold , flu, etc) and one for sickness up to 12 months , its about a bit under half my monthly income payed every month if i get ill. 

Back