Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Doesn't anyone go to work anymore !

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jack b

Cleaned 18 houses today and ALL bar one of them, the people were in. (All ages) Not exactly the holidays or the day after the weekend. Been noticing this for a long time now. Perhaps a lot are working from home these days but they can't all be surely. 

Anybody had similar experience. 

I have noticed that certain customers are always home, no matter when I visit.  Makes me wonder if they ever leave ?

A lot of companies let you work from home these days.

My last paid job in the UK a lot of it was based from home, the occasional visit to the office or to deliver training session but that was about it..

You will see more of this with the sixties boom in babies nearing retirement. Everyone i know in the public sector are trying to get out even on a reduced pension. Its a bit of a mess when you don't even get inflation wage rises and the ones out on pension get inflation rises.

It's 50/50 for me most of the time. I go out at 6pm to collect off any I miss, and I am always surprised how many are still not home, and I have to leave an invoice. 

The typical 9 to 5 is all about gone. I think window cleaning is about the only job where you can still choose sensible hours. Weather permitting ?.

Question on Pointless last night....what percentage of the population still works 9 to 5...i plumped for the middle answer which I think was 27%...the answer was 6%.

Back