Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone had their wfp blamed for damaging seals?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Rickadoo

Hi all,

Had a right one the other day. Custy comes out, “I’m gonna have to ask you to stop cleaning them. I’ve got a load of water getting in between the glass. It’s only started happening since you started using that.” Points at wfp. “Well that won’t have caused it mind mate.” (Been using wfp for over 2 years) “Well it’ll not help”

On two of the top sections ( the ones which open ) the seals has perished. (Probs due to him slamming them.)  The windows looked about 15-20 years old. I probably put 1-2 litres/month of water onto the window. How many litres of rain have lashed against them in the last couple of months ? Bizarre thing is he still wanted me clean the other windows that day, but as per his request, needless to say, I won’t be going back. 

Last edited by a moderator:
One ex customer of mine said it would cause 'continual dampness' in his wooden frames... 2 mins of water a month compared to a month of rain, yet he thought it would cause dampness in the frames. Some people just don't seem to have the reasoning ability that they should have.
Continual dampness!! Haha. They’d be bone dry 20 mins after you left. 

One ex customer of mine said it would cause 'continual dampness' in his wooden frames... 2 mins of water a month compared to a month of rain, yet he thought it would cause dampness in the frames. Some people just don't seem to have the reasoning ability that they should have.

Lol I had one exactly the same when I pointed out about the rain he said that the rain just ran down the glass it wasn’t blasted at high pressure into every corner ???? high pressure indeed the way he was carrying on you would have thought I was using a pressure washer , soon became an ex customer ???

Back