Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

When producing pure small amounts of resin in

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rick22

Hi everyone, I changed the resin in the di vessel a couple of weeks ago. Now every time I start to produce pure I get small amounts of resin in the pure. It's clear after a couple of cup  fulls have gone through, not too much hassle just want to sort the problem out as before the resin change everything was fine. I did think it might be where I overfilled the vessel with resin so tipped some out but I still have the same problems . Any advise will be appreciated.  Thanks Rick

No their the right way round, if they were the wrong way round wouldn't you get resin all the time? Thanks for the reply though , it's annoying as I can't see what I've done wrong, Checked the riser and the two cages on it all seems ok although I've not taken the riser apart.

No their the right way round, if they were the wrong way round wouldn't you get resin all the time? Thanks for the reply though , it's annoying as I can't see what I've done wrong, Checked the riser and the two cages on it all seems ok although I've not taken the riser apart.

Is the riser seating properly in the head and make sure there is no damage to the filter thing on the bottom of the riser tube , 

Ok I'll have to look, can the riser become unseated easily then. I thought if I had any of these problems resin would get through all the time, I'll check anyway. Thanks Pjj. I've just done enough pure for a few days so I wont know for a couple of days, I'll keep you updated

Ok I'll have to look, can the riser become unseated easily then. I thought if I had any of these problems resin would get through all the time, I'll check anyway. Thanks Pjj. I've just done enough pure for a few days so I wont know for a couple of days, I'll keep you updated

As the vessel becomes pressurised with water the slightest hole in the filter on the riser or where the riser tube goes into the head if it’s not a tight fit it can allow resin through , I had this happen to me years ago I put a couple of turns of insulation tape on the top of the riser tube where it goes into the head and it stoped it  

This happened me the other week. The top of my riser tube had came off. It seemed ok when I checked it and put  it back etc. I ended up putting a bit of insulating tape round it and pushing it back on for a tight fit. Been spot on since 

Last edited by a moderator:
Doug I'm using Tulsion mb115 . CHWS it all looks ok but I need to take the riser out and I'll put a bit of tape round. It'll be tomorrow after work now!  Thanks for the replies 

Thanks Pjj and CHWS for the advise , I couldn't get the riser out of the head of the di unit. I spoke to Pure Freedom who I bought everything from and explained what's been happening, they couldn't really help. They said I could pull the pipe out of the head but to grease it before putting it back as not to damage the o ring that's in the head ( the baskets nearly impossible to get off without damaging it). I didn't fancy pulling the pipe out and with the insulation tape on I'd damage the o ring, so going to have to put up with running some pure off each time until there's no resin coming through, unless there's any other suggestions or am  I just worrying too much about the o ring!

Thanks again

Latest Posts

Back