Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

waste carriers licence??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tanker

Hi all, 

I’m probably over thinking but.. if you can’t  empty the gutter vac on site are you supposed to have a waste carriers licence? 

Thanks 

James 

If you're carrying their waste you need a licence ...I think it's very unlikely you'd have a problem though as the waste would be inside the vac if you were stopped....

Thanks both for your replies, 

But I just wanted to know because every now and then you get “ that” customer who asks all kinds of questions, I’m sure you all know the kind 

From a legal point of view yes you do , but unless you have half a ton of stuff in the van on a regular basis I doubt that you would experience a problem, we also try and leave it at the customers properties under trees and bushes if possible it’s good fertiliser ???

Where we are a “green waste” license is free and last for life. We have one for hedge clippings as we do hedge trimming. 

If we wanted to dispose of anything other than garden waste then we would need a full waste cariers license which is £300-£400 per annum

(Cardiff)

Where we are a “green waste” license is free and last for life. We have one for hedge clippings as we do hedge trimming. 

If we wanted to dispose of anything other than garden waste then we would need a full waste cariers license which is £300-£400 per annum

(Cardiff)

Ime pretty shore  it’s the same hear  , that would be expensive way to get rid of gutter waist , I seam to remember someone saying about this before 

I've never had an issue with putting it in the green waste bin.  If you're only carrying it, the chances of getting caught and in any trouble are pretty slim anyway...

Just been on Gov,uk website and got registered as a lower tier waste carrier (Googled waste carrier licence into search engine). It was free, so if I do a gutter cleaning job etc can take waste away if needed cause I am licenced.

I've never had an issue with putting it in the green waste bin.  If you're only carrying it, the chances of getting caught and in any trouble are pretty slim anyway...
Cement isn't compostable so therefore not green/garden waste, most people don't have an issue with putting the wrong stuff in a bin because they never get found out and can be oblivious to what should go where, I remember watching a program on the BBC a builder in a swb van got pulled and had about a bag of rubble a few pieces of scrap timber going between 2 jobs and some jobsworth had him for not having a waste carriers licence and he got fined, somewhat extreme I thought 

Ime pretty shore  it’s the same hear  , that would be expensive way to get rid of gutter waist , I seam to remember someone saying about this before 

We once received a letter from the council informing us that we needed a waste carriers licence to remove gutter clearing off site.

We did a bit of work for the council back then.

We now leave any gutter clearing in plastic bags next to the customer's dustbins, or if we use the gutter vac we empty it into an inconspicious part of the garden.

Cement isn't compostable so therefore not green/garden waste, most people don't have an issue with putting the wrong stuff in a bin because they never get found out and can be oblivious to what should go where, I remember watching a program on the BBC a builder in a swb van got pulled and had about a bag of rubble a few pieces of scrap timber going between 2 jobs and some jobsworth had him for not having a waste carriers licence and he got fined, somewhat extreme I thought 

I seem to remember a newspaper article where a couple of lads where pulled over and seached. In the van they found a couple of plastic carrier bags full of rubbish they said was from their own food consumption. But they were also fined as the inspector didn't accept their explaination.

I looked inside a friends van last Sunday. He is an plumber and the inside of his cab just looks like a tip so he would also get fined for not having a waste carriers licence. How he can accurately account for the costs of a job with all the invoices and paperwork on his dashboard and seats is beyond me. It doesn't take much effort to remove empty McDonalds drink cups when he gets home and take that days invoices inside to his office.

We once received a letter from the council informing us that we needed a waste carriers licence to remove gutter clearing off site.

We did a bit of work for the council back then.

We now leave any gutter clearing in plastic bags next to the customer's dustbins, or if we use the gutter vac we empty it into an inconspicious part of the garden.

I seem to remember a newspaper article where a couple of lads where pulled over and seached. In the van they found a couple of plastic carrier bags full of rubbish they said was from their own food consumption. But they were also fined as the inspector didn't accept their explaination.

I looked inside a friends van last Sunday. He is an plumber and the inside of his cab just looks like a tip so he would also get fined for not having a waste carriers licence. How he can accurately account for the costs of a job with all the invoices and paperwork on his dashboard and seats is beyond me. It doesn't take much effort to remove empty McDonalds drink cups when he gets home and take that days invoices inside to his office.
I am saying noting about my van at times ?

Latest Posts

Back