Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How do i remove thid

WCF

Help Support WCF:

HWCS

Been asked to quote a job fot a builders clean inside and out, the windows and a p.o.p as only dust and a little bit of render, but the frames are a different kettle of fish, where they had left the sticky plastic on the windows they hav gone proper manky and hard, whats the best thing to get to remove it?

The customer is gonna be a stickler im pretty sure so will need to be something thata going to do the job 100%

20190917_091122.jpg

20190917_091124.jpg

20190917_091131.jpg

20190917_091134.jpg

20190917_091139.jpg

I would try some tec7 multi clean spray (or similar) and a kitchen scouring pad. Be careful not to use a pad too gritty as it can damage the plastic. If it's very difficult to get off you might be need to use steel wool, but that's a risky choice.

Maybe you need to buff it with Unger rubout when you're finished.

That'll take a good while though, and be sure to do a test patch in a corner!

Been asked to quote a job fot a builders clean inside and out, the windows and a p.o.p as only dust and a little bit of render, but the frames are a different kettle of fish, where they had left the sticky plastic on the windows they hav gone proper manky and hard, whats the best thing to get to remove it?

The customer is gonna be a stickler im pretty sure so will need to be something thata going to do the job 100%

View attachment 17688

View attachment 17689

View attachment 17690

View attachment 17691

View attachment 17692
To be honest that is 1 job I'd walk away from and count your blessings. If your adamant on doing it try the chemical mentioned in the other post and before you start anything check every piece of glass for scratches and if theres any found walk around with the client and show them beforehand cause 9 times outa 10 you'll get the blame for scratches glass. I did loads of builders cleans years ago and hated it. Good luck 

I wouldn't suggest anyone - if they make a mess of it then that's your fault too!

I'd just say you're not interested in the work / don't have time / whatever and be done with it. It's their problem from that point.

Tell him to get the clowns that installed them back to clean their mess up. T&G will remove it if it is a glue 
The said clowns insurance (if he has any) will cover him for his work, your insurance wont cover you for this mess.

The above is what I always tell a customer when asked to do anything out of the ordinary. Tell them it'll cost £xxx for you to do it, but you've already paid the clown a fee which should cover the clean up.

I hate when a tradesman has been to do work on the exterior of a customer of mine, I always make a point of telling the customer to keep any eye on the work and if anything goes on the windows be sure to ask them to remove it before they leave, because my insurance wont cover their work, theirs will!

I have done a few builders cleans, and never once have have I come across all the windows perfectly unmarked. There have always been at least one with scratches.And sometimes these scratches are frighteningly visible when glass is cleaned. Ensure the client goes round with you before you start or you will be the one blamed.

I did a builders clean once! It was when I started up first and didn't want to say no to the business. Complete waste of time and the company came up with so so many excuses not to pay me. 

Walk away from it!

Back