Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1st floor windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paddie

Good evening,

newbie Here having trouble with these Victorian terraces. 

I have a set of triple extension ladders which go upto 4.7 metres but with the roof overhang o. The ground floor can’t reach the 1 st floor windows (hopefully the photo below explains a little better).

should i maybe get a Harris pole and try from either the pavement or maybe put the ladder on the lower guttering and pole from there. 

If Harris pole 4m or 6m?

Also so how much would you charge for the front of the house (ground floor door and window and 1st floor window).

kind regards in advance 

F5CB082A-6BDB-429F-90ED-10AA6DD260EF.jpeg

Unless the photo is distorting the distance it looks to me that the ladder would need pitching on the pavement anyway to reach the top window it isn’t going to hit the guttering you should be able to reach it ok , maybe the ladder is to short ?? Price wise we have a minimum price of £10 for any job so £10 it would be Ime afrade , we are wfp not trad though .

This is where having a backback systerm would come into it's own. You dont EVER want the base of the ladder to more then a 3rd of the working height! Think window cleaning warehouse have some deals for about £250 for a pole brush and back pack, which I know seems alot but the amount of work you'll be able to take on now and the speed & quality you'll be able to offer it will pay for its self. 

Good evening,

newbie Here having trouble with these Victorian terraces. 

I have a set of triple extension ladders which go upto 4.7 metres but with the roof overhang o. The ground floor can’t reach the 1 st floor windows (hopefully the photo below explains a little better).

should i maybe get a Harris pole and try from either the pavement or maybe put the ladder on the lower guttering and pole from there. 

If Harris pole 4m or 6m?

Also so how much would you charge for the front of the house (ground floor door and window and 1st floor window).

kind regards in advance 

View attachment 17700
Two part 20 foot ladder will reach, position on inside of wall for support and top of ladder on gutter line at top. But yes waterfed pole would be so much easier and again we are min £10 and would want that at least for this house you show. 

Usedto do loads like this trad when i started, and looking back tbh its not safe! And that was with someone footing the ladder, either learn to trad pole or id recommmend buying a backpack, di vessel and pole. Cost under 500 quid all in, and saves you slipping and potentially breaking your neck. 

Your ladder is too short, get a 3.5m/12ft double. It will give you far more options of where to pitch it. 

i used to put the ladder above the top window and  place the ladder against the brick wall for jobs like these when i was trad..perfectly safe(17 trad/9 years wfp)

Hi. Used to do stuff like this. I would not put the ladder on the pavement unless someone was footing it. Angle looks too shallow. Inside the wall maybe but the ladder may bounce against the gutter on the bay window. As for the side window above the satellite dish- No chance. Poling from the ground is def the better option. wfp solved loads of probs like this for me. 

Hi. Used to do stuff like this. I would not put the ladder on the pavement unless someone was footing it. Angle looks too shallow. Inside the wall maybe but the ladder may bounce against the gutter on the bay window. As for the side window above the satellite dish- No chance. Poling from the ground is def the better option. wfp solved loads of probs like this for me. 
I trad with a pole, them side windows im on an A-Frame ladder and poling them from the alley.

Job done ??

thanks for all the advice guys, 

much appreciated, looks like I am going to have to do some research into wfp and look into backpacks and trolleys.  

have a good weekend all.

Back