Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can anyone recommend a specific set of ladders??

johnny bravo

im looking at getting some ladders to store inside my dispatch van to keep inside and use to access flat roof areas like a garage height.     sick of putting heavy extension ladders on roof rack as and when needed.                                                                      not sure about telescopic .   anyone using the  combo ones  like these
3663602770114_01c

Yeah i use them, very handy at times for a range of different jobs. Good to get on flat roofs and bungalow roofs with a stand off if needed. They bring more to the table than what telescopic do.

Yes I use a very similar set, i got mine from amazon when they were on offer, I've found them really handy for accessing flat roofs. I also like the fact that they can be used as a step ladder if required.

We have a similar type of ladder that we use for inside conservatory's but they are heavy and bulky I have a 3:5 meter Ramsey double pointer inside up against the roof that’s the one we use most easier and lighter ..

im looking at getting some ladders to store inside my dispatch van to keep inside and use to access flat roof areas like a garage height.     sick of putting heavy extension ladders on roof rack as and when needed.                                                                      not sure about telescopic .   anyone using the  combo ones  like these

They're quite heavy and bulky when folded.  Also a bit of a pain in the ass to fold up and down into a straight ladder.  I've got a little giant one like the Macalister above  , it's heavy but less bulky and annoying to extend

not sure about telescopic .   anyone using the  combo ones  like these

You're right to be cautious of telescopic. I have a A frame set that folds up to double it's length. It's okay.. but takes nerves of steel to climb all the way up, they flex / bend a lot (ruling out quite a lot of work where you have a mini roof in the way), they're heavy and above all they're also known to wear out. Unless you're limited for space, go for the normal folding ladders and avoid telescopic.

I'll ignore the moaners who talk about crushing their hands between the rungs when lowering them - tilt the thing forwards and once the catches have been released it won't move an inch until you pull it down.

Can anyone recommend a good set of ladders to fit inside my van. Need to measure no more than 2.4m closed and I'm looking for maximum extension possible, ta chaps ?

4 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Why don’t you just split your extension ladder in half. My 3.5 double is light as a feather when used as a single piece and will also reach most flat roofs etc. 

If you click on the cog icon you can hide a reply if done in error or if you want your sales post removing for example then pm @Gav and request for it to be taken down 

Hi PJ.Whats a DOUBLE pointer,and RU using to do inside cony?

A double pointer is a two section ladder that goes to a point with a rubber block at the top of the ladder  try googling Ramsey  ladders and you will find it under the window cleaning section . We don’t use them for conservatory inside cleans only outside. 

For inside we use a little giant extreme step/ladder they go into all different configurations again if you google it you will see how they work they are excellent for inside conservatory’s 

I use this one. Simple, sturdy, light and easy to use. It's over five years old now, it's used several times most days and it's still sound. It can also be used as an A frame. It slides on edge onto a shelf in the side of the van and is held in place by a single bungee hook, making it super quick to deploy and re-stow. I bought it from B&q. I had a look when I saw this conversation but they didn't have any. I'd imagine they can still be got but I don't know where from. 20190923_131226.jpg20190923_131226.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back