Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How to remove oil spill on drive

Any help with a car engine spill removal on a drive please thanks
Never really done before, but if me , id mop up what I could with paper/kitchen towelling, and whats left, i'd try and disperse/obliterate with wfp on full power. Send the residue to the 4 corners of the globe (well, the 4 corners of their garden anyway ?

If its paving then chances are that the oil has soaked well into the block. You could try and take those blocks out and turn them upside down.

replace the paving is most likely the only choice if it has been there for more than one day, its awful stuff full stop and impossible to remove once it has been allowed to just sit and soak in 

I have tried, screwfix no nonsense degreaser brought it up 90% better and barely noticeable but was still left with a very faint stain. Natural weathering will shift it depending on if you’re willing to wait a couple of years. My father used to service his land rovers on the drive there were oil stains everywhere when i was a teenager the driveway looked like 101 dalmations, years on theyre all gone now and its only been jet washed once or twice

I have tried, screwfix no nonsense degreaser brought it up 90% better and barely noticeable but was still left with a very faint stain. Natural weathering will shift it depending on if you’re willing to wait a couple of years. My father used to service his land rovers on the drive there were oil stains everywhere when i was a teenager the driveway looked like 101 dalmations, years on theyre all gone now and its only been jet washed once or twice

The trouble is that if this is a customer request then they will expect an 'instant' solution.

In Ireland we use Evans Rubicon or Cleanfast Oil Dispersant to remove oil stains from paving, concrete, natural stones, etc. I don`t know if this two products are available in your area

Back