Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Univalve or gardiner gooseneck valve

John v

Hi guys. 

Buying 2 gardiner poles. Slx 22 and slx 25

Looking at the gooseneck valve. Turn one way on. Turn another way off. 

Are they any good. Easy to use or do they turn off and on went u dont want them to. 

Sill brush. 26cm or 35cm. 

Thanks. 

Univalve will save you bending over to stop the flow all the time.
Use A Gardiner backpack and had  a split in my hose,replaced with spare but did not have any clips for putting univave from old hose to the new  until following day....you do miss having the univalve once you have had one.

Why are you buying 2 poles ?

Good question.

My son uses his SLX25 as an everyday pole @John v. He can at a stretch clean 2nd floor Victorian house windows with it.

Personally I have found my SLX40 (now around 10 years old) and my SLX22 a good cross section to own. However, the SLX40 doesn't get used that much - probably 4 or 5 times a month. I have only 1 monthly clean that I use the 40' at full length.

If I were you I would probably look at an SXL35 with an SLX25 base section or an SLX25 with a couple of add on sections to give increase length as and when (you will also need to account for longer pole hose with the SLX25 and extensions.)

Hi guys. 

Are they any good. Easy to use or do they turn off and on went u dont want them to. 

Thanks. 
Univale A’s then you can use the Gardiner swivel gooseneck instead. I use gooseneck value on a 45ft pole but don’t use swivel at that height. 

You need to to adjust the resistance of the gooseneck value a few times until you have found the balance right for you. The problem is you may try it at ground level, no problem, but then can’t get it turned at full length. So you set it looser and then at ground level it keeps slipping and turning itself off. 

I used the universal sill 26cm for a long time and loved it, but just got the 35cm version and ohh my goodness it’s amazing! I will add I’ve only used it on two days of work so far, though. 

Ohh, and get yourself a Gardiner widget. Those things are brilliant!

I just switched from 26 to 35 Universal, saving a lot of time and water using it...  Very happy with it. I won't go back to 26 on windows, just for fascia.

Hi guys. 

Thanks. 
i have both...the gardiner valve is on my high level 47 footer and the univalve on my everyday 25ft pole......both have pros and cons.....the univalve is awkward to operate at high levels and you have to take your hand off the pole to turn it on and off hence using the gardiner valve on the longer pole....

on the other hand i prefer the univalve on my everyday pole as i can change goosenecks and still use it (as with the gardiner valve you have to stick with the plastic gooseneck)......both are excellent water control devices IMO...

The twist valve is a nuisance....turns itself on and off when your cleaning.....I have one. used it for about an hour then ditched it if anyone local wants to try it out.

The twist valve is a nuisance....turns itself on and off when your cleaning.....I have one. used it for about an hour then ditched it if anyone local wants to try it out.
you can adjust it so its a bit tighter...yours was obviously too loose......try it again but give it a day or two (not an hour)...you might just change your mind about it then......

Tried tightening it slacking it off a bit...what's good for upstairs is not for downstairs.

Stick to the univalve.

I have Both univalve on a phoenix 18 hybrid and the gardiner valve on my slx30 first couple of days using the slx i wished i had gone down the univalve route but now i'm getting used to the gardiner valve i'm starting to love it and got it setup that works well for me. Im a total newbie to wfp and window cleaning this is my first month of working and i'm loving it...

I've been trad 26 years. We are changing over next cycle to wfp. With being trad for so long I hope the swap is easy and dont lose customers. I've already lost one for saying we changing. It was a £27 job too. 

I've bought me and lad both a gardiner 25ft slx and we have a second  hand Unger carbon n lite. Got the goose neck on my slx. Fitting the univalve to lads pole and spare unger pole. 

Fingers crossed it all goes well. I'm well nervous tbh

I've been trad 26 years. We are changing over next cycle to wfp. With being trad for so long I hope the swap is easy and dont lose customers. I've already lost one for saying we changing. It was a £27 job too. 

I've bought me and lad both a gardiner 25ft slx and we have a second  hand Unger carbon n lite. Got the goose neck on my slx. Fitting the univalve to lads pole and spare unger pole. 

Fingers crossed it all goes well. I'm well nervous tbh
its so much more prevalent these days than it was 9 years ago when i switched....you will lose the odd customer but should pick up more as time goes on.....its the new way of cleaning that you need to get used to,its a learning curve and will take a while to get proficient at it and know how to tackle problem windows and seals without making a mess......

Back