Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Changing filters and resin

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jango

I changed my filters in January of this year and my resin. I am using a sediment filter first then a pentek fiberdene then  through my RO, before my resin I am getting a reading of 9. After my resin I am getting pure at 1ppm. Pumped in the van, then coming out of the brush head at 1 ppm. I use 2000 litres a week of water. Would you change the pre filters and the resin? 

If you are using 2000 litres of pure a week then your pre-filters should have been changed months ago depending on what size pre-filters you have as 2000 litres of pure plus 4000 litres of waste per week is 6000 litres  if you have a standard R/O, just because you are getting a 1ppm reading doesn't mean the pre-filters aren't spent or that your membranes are slowly clogging up.

I have had ongoing issues due to the waterboard replacing pipe work, this has meant a drop in water pressure and a spike in tds from around 70ppm to 98ppm and my sediment filter is lucky if it lasts 2 weeks at best, as they are replacing old cast iron pipes which is stirring up a lot of sediment and as of this week my membranes are totally knackered, planned work that should have been 6 weeks lasted 4 months and a new phase of work is about to start soon and go on well into next year no doubt 

Read this https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/forums/topic/28233-wcw-for-ro-filters/?tab=comments#comment-402466 and https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/forums/topic/26751-ro-production-nightmare/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-386060 happy reading 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok thank you. The fibredyne do last longer than a normal carbon. But I’ll get them changed then. The sediment isn’t discoloured at all. I’ll change the whole lot then inc resin (not membrane) Thanks

Ok thank you. The fibredyne do last longer than a normal carbon. But I’ll get them changed then. The sediment isn’t discoloured at all. I’ll change the whole lot then inc resin (not membrane) Thanks
if your resin is getting it down to 1 then i wouldnt change it, no need really. Mines still working fine at 4. Will prob change mine when it hits 5 or so.

If your production has been slowing down or starts to then the membranes could be starting to get clogged up, this were flushing comes in, because of the issues mentioned above I now have to flush mine for 15 minutes every day, 

My production hasn’  t slowed down at all. I regularly flush mine 15 minutes everyday. @ks789 I was thinking I don’t want to change resin if it’s not necessary, having said that I can’t believe it’s lasting this long, maybe it’s @daqua’s good resin?. It’s leaving no spotting or anything as I have checked meticulously. 

My production hasn’  t slowed down at all. I regularly flush mine 15 minutes everyday. @ks789 I was thinking I don’t want to change resin if it’s not necessary, having said that I can’t believe it’s lasting this long, maybe it’s @daqua’s good resin?. It’s leaving no spotting or anything as I have checked meticulously. 
Sounds like all is good and you've done everything right, wished I was the same but moving forward I will flush more 

Back