Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

would you run this direct into your storage tank

Baldmonkey

Hi guys

MY setup is in my workshop and have sediment/ carbon filters into 3 ro membranes, into resin then into the storage ibc. Mostly the water before anything has been hovering around 300ppm and coming out of the ro around 14ppm. Anyhow today for whatever reason i have around 49ppm from the tap and 2/3ppm from the ro...my question is would you run this direct into the storage ibc or still run it through the resin, would it deteriorate the resin less or just as much as normal use? Just affraid of the ppm of the tap water spiking during water production and screwing my storage ibc up...ta

Hi guys

MY setup is in my workshop and have sediment/ carbon filters into 3 ro membranes, into resin then into the storage ibc. Mostly the water before anything has been hovering around 300ppm and coming out of the ro around 14ppm. Anyhow today for whatever reason i have around 49ppm from the tap and 2/3ppm from the ro...my question is would you run this direct into the storage ibc or still run it through the resin, would it deteriorate the resin less or just as much as normal use? Just affraid of the ppm of the tap water spiking during water production and screwing my storage ibc up...ta
The BIG thing with wfp operating succesfully is using pure water 0 parts per million or as close to as possible. You can have great technique, best brushes and poles money can buy but if you have high ppm going on the windows you are in for trouble. 

I would check your tds meter or buy another as my water tds is in between 270 - 310 and if it dropped that low I would be very suspicious as it seems a big drop in contaminates.

Back