Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

gardiner g/neck valve will it fit a phantom pole

I think you will find it’s to big to fit in the top section they have a thinner top section than Gardiner’s poles 

Thanks,do you think it would be impractical to grined it down,please?

I reduced the thickness of my gooseneck with a bench grinder and works just fine. Would of made it a bit lighter, so a win win. 

i took a gardiner gooseneck to last years show to try in the phantom. I tried it in the carbon 35 and it fitted just fine. However, when I ordered the 22 hi mod it didn’t fit, so not 100%, but I think the 22s use a narrower end section. 

Yes think you mentioned this In a previous post.Its not the ordinary goose neck its the valve one,you know the water on off twist one iam interested in,would tha be the same thickness as the one you ground down I wonder . I would want it to fit a phantom 18 cheers

Mine was just the standard gooseneck, but didn’t need to take much off. I wouldn’t of thought it would be a problem with the valved one, but I don’t have one so can’t say for sure. 

I reduced the thickness of my gooseneck with a bench grinder and works just fine. Would of made it a bit lighter, so a win win. 

i took a gardiner gooseneck to last years show to try in the phantom. I tried it in the carbon 35 and it fitted just fine. However, when I ordered the 22 hi mod it didn’t fit, so not 100%, but I think the 22s use a narrower end section. 
Thanks,you reduced the goose neck so it would fit in your 22 am I right? thanks if so I must be in with a chance.was  your goose neck a special one or just a resse neck,i think they call it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks,you reduced the goose neck so it would fit in your 22 am I right? thanks if so I must be in with a chance.was  your goose neck a special one or just a resse neck,i think they call it?

Yes, that’s right. It was just a standard plastic gooseneck. I don’t think that there would be a problem Doing the same with a valved one. 

Forgot to reply to this, but if you take a look at both the Phantom and Gardiners resi-neck the only thing that sets them apart is the size as in the diameter of the base and the brush fitting, how the two parts join together to adjust the angle of the brush appears to be exactly the same, I wouldn't be surprised that if you took the top part of the Phantom angle neck you could fit the top part of a Gardiners resi-neck and use the Quick-LoQ fitting, which I am sure I have seen done in the past. 

0001_phantom-angle_e7c4659b-77c0-48b2-82be-3fa7028a4399.jpg

ql_angle_adapter_new_base_1200_1.jpg

Thanks know what you meen,but this was for the valve on off jobby from gardiners,the valve part, left on,right off,has to go in first,you could prob fit the phantom Q/release brush thingey,then to the Gariner valve.That way round.

Latest Posts

Back