Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How much for a 5 bed with conservatory?

dyson123

Hi all, just wondering how much everyone charges for a 5 bed detached with a fairly large conservatory. Good access and it’s a monthly service.

I charge £30 for this and it takes me 1hr 15/20 mins. (The conservatory seems to take as long as the rest of the house).

I’ve only been in this game since May but do I need to speed up or increase my price a little?

Cheers 

Haha, I wish! It takes me 75 mins to earn £30. 
I do a 4 bed detached with a medium conny, including the roof for £17, and have been for 5 years. They are lovely people and always pay the same day or near enough, it doesnt take me as long as it should as the conny roof is done every time. Its always a reminder to me never to under price ? 

its definitely the worst case of an under priced job i have on the round. But they have recommended me so much i have probably indirectly made hundreds, or thousands, from their kind words.
I would wait until your rounds are full before raising it. 6 months is definitely too early to raise prices. Annually in either january or april is the most you can get away with i reckon. 
when youre doing it, think of me ? youll feel a lot better about your situation lol.  

You're grossing £90 an hour and you think you might need to up your price or speed up!!!! Is this genuine or a wind up. 

You're grossing £90 an hour and you think you might need to up your price or speed up!!!! Is this genuine or a wind up. 

Unless I have read it wrong he said it took him 1 hour twenty muinits for £30 that’s not £90 per hour , if I have got it right that’s very poor hourly rate ?...

Hi all, just wondering how much everyone charges for a 5 bed detached with a fairly large conservatory. Good access and it’s a monthly service.

I charge £30 for this and it takes me 1hr 15/20 mins. (The conservatory seems to take as long as the rest of the house).

I’ve only been in this game since May but do I need to speed up or increase my price a little?

Cheers 

Sounds cheap to me but depends where you are , and some 5 bed houses are bigger or smaller than others so without pictures it’s difficult to say 

Cheers 
Definitely. You need to making £30 in no more than an hour and ideally in a half hour or so. 

£30/hour is the minimum I want to be earning so I’m just trying to figure out if the job is underpriced compared to other forum members? I realize its hard to tell without pics but it’s a large 5 bed house with conservatory.

Maybe I’ll speed up / become less fussy with experience 

Think you could have misread it mate he said 1 hr & 20 mins ?
Apologies, I did miss the hour off, blinkers not operating properly. 75 minutes to clean a 5 bed house seems to be a bit pedestrian. Then again 15/20 minutes is rather rapid. 

Pictures would be a help but I would've thought that even a large 5 bed house shouldn't take longer than an hour so I would think you need to tweak the price and pull your finger out. If you do this then I'll put my specs on for your next post. 

Cheers 
You might need to turn up your water flow, should help you get it done a bit quicker.

£30/hour is the minimum I want to be earning so I’m just trying to figure out if the job is underpriced compared to other forum members? I realize its hard to tell without pics but it’s a large 5 bed house with conservatory.

Maybe I’ll speed up / become less fussy with experience 
Get more efficient. That will increase speed. Stay fussy though, you need to maintain quality. Hopefully you'll find a good balance. ?

I've got a similar house that takes me exactly the same time that I under priced.  I charged £35 and I quoted via google maps, big mistake.  I has those georgian  effect windows at the front the ones with the plastics pieces stuck on the windows that fall off if you're not careful.  Then at the back it has a few fairly hard to reach windows, 2 velux windows, one big sliding door and a conservatory that has lots of windows and a double door followed by further windows at the side of the house.  

It was one of my first jobs and I've been doing it since about March every 4 weeks.  No matter what I do I cannot get the time down.  Now I just accept that it will take me no more than 1.5 hours and not worry about it.  I continue to practise different techniques but it's not worth worrying about.  It should have been £45/£50 but I'm not sure the customer would have paid that amount.  

At the end of the day though this customer leaves the gate unlocked every time, I never see them and payment is via direct debit, so that side of things is all good.

I use the trad method and make would expect the minimum of £25ph but usually it can be anything from £25 - £60ph depending on the type of job. I had my guy working with me this morning and managed to get through a few jobs before the weather set in, and although they were small jobs and akward I still managed to not go below my minimum hourly rate. I'm guessing that your job should return around £35 - £40. 

I use the trad method and make would expect the minimum of £25ph but usually it can be anything from £25 - £60ph depending on the type of job. I had my guy working with me this morning and managed to get through a few jobs before the weather set in, and although they were small jobs and akward I still managed to not go below my minimum hourly rate. I'm guessing that your job should return around £35 - £40. 
Like @mupps im a trad cleaner and i aim for an avg (over the week) wage of £20/25 an hr, i have hrs where i miss it and hrs where i batter it.

I've got a similar house that takes me exactly the same time that I under priced.  I charged £35 and I quoted via google maps, big mistake.  I has those georgian  effect windows at the front the ones with the plastics pieces stuck on the windows that fall off if you're not careful.  Then at the back it has a few fairly hard to reach windows, 2 velux windows, one big sliding door and a conservatory that has lots of windows and a double door followed by further windows at the side of the house.  

It was one of my first jobs and I've been doing it since about March every 4 weeks.  No matter what I do I cannot get the time down.  Now I just accept that it will take me no more than 1.5 hours and not worry about it.  I continue to practise different techniques but it's not worth worrying about.  It should have been £45/£50 but I'm not sure the customer would have paid that amount.  

At the end of the day though this customer leaves the gate unlocked every time, I never see them and payment is via direct debit, so that side of things is all good.
Baffled as to how anyone can quote via Google maps as the images are outdated and don't show the whole house, photo quotes via Fb or WhatsApp is my usual, but the vast majority of quotes I do are new build estates that I am very familiar with so if they miss out one side of the house with windows I usually know and bring this up before giving a price, But on your job a 10% increase next year should soften the blow. 

Cheers 
sounds like you need to speed up a bit......personally i wouldnt be happy with £30 an hour nevermind £30 for 75-80 mins but ive been window cleaning for many years.....your probably over rinsing and not using a high enough flow....on some of my compact 4 weekly work i can bang out at least two 5 bed houses an hour (with conservatories) at £22 a pop,usually 2 and a half (£44/£55 an hour).i have little pockets of these.....some are 11-12 in a row virtually right next door to each other....

Latest Posts

Back