Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best piece of workwear when it,s cold

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mike007

Just realized have spent most of year working in a baseball cap,shorts, short sleeved polo shirt and using disposable latex gloves to protect my hands...and had to start the day yesterday wearing my fleece too!!!!. Thought what other piece of workwear is important when weather is getting colder....came up with the good old wooly hat to keep my head warm...and heat in. Any othe suggestions?

mike007 said:
Just realized have spent most of year working in a baseball cap,shorts, short sleeved polo shirt and using disposable latex gloves to protect my hands...and had to start the day yesterday wearing my fleece too!!!!. Thought what other piece of workwear is important when weather is getting colder....came up with the good old wooly hat to keep my head warm...and heat in. Any other  suggestions?

Firstly I binned off the usual disposable gloves and ordered these BIODEGRADABLE NITRILE DISPOSABLE GLOVES  I have tried various waterproof and warm work gloves and non of them for me are the Holy Grail, generally polo shirt, thin work top and this is the warmest lightweight jacket I have had  GOODYEAR GYJKT017 THERMAL HOODED SOFTSHELL JACKET it's a lot thicker than the usual softshell jackets, I got mine from a local workwear place last year and had my logo put on. 

I always wear a neck warmer, usually just the cheap cotton ones from Aldi work just fine and some heavy cotton work trousers I have found to be decent, my only annoyance with work trousers is they never do a narrow leg, although I did wear some skinny dark grey/black jeans last year on damp day's and decent wool hat amongst others and I am good to go in all weathers

Firstly I binned off the usual disposable gloves and ordered these BIODEGRADABLE NITRILE DISPOSABLE GLOVES  I have tried various waterproof and warm work gloves and non of them for me are the Holy Grail, generally polo shirt, thin work top and this is the warmest lightweight jacket I have had  GOODYEAR GYJKT017 THERMAL HOODED SOFTSHELL JACKET it's a lot thicker than the usual softshell jackets, I got mine from a local workwear place last year and had my logo put on. 

I always wear a neck warmer, usually just the cheap cotton ones from Aldi work just fine and some heavy cotton work trousers I have found to be decent, my only annoyance with work trousers is they never do a narrow leg, although I did wear some skinny dark grey/black jeans last year on damp day's and decent wool hat amongst others and I am good to go in all weathers
Try these mate ?? I love em. Think you’ll like em too. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B071L88M2R?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Sorry mate, these ones!! 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07145GPSR?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title&th=1

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've been using Regatta Dover Jackets for over 5 years. Waterproof, warm and very comfortable. They are styled very like a bomber jacket and last for years. 

A woolly hat and a pair of Showa 281 / 282 gloves
And a pair of these ?

its-so-cold-ive-had-to-crack-these-bad-boys-7391817.png

To thin mate, those type of work trousers let the cold wind through, I used to wear Apache work trousers, still wearing my shorts for now. 

Sorry mate, these ones!! 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07145GPSR?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title&th=1

I wear joggers under  decent waterproof trousers and other times I wear ski/snowboard trousers,they have a silky lining inside, nice and cosy, get them out tk maxx.  

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and I both enjoy a cold water dip, 11c is the coldest we have swam in, just going to see how far we can go into the winter, one guy we know has swam in a lake which was 1.5c last winter. 

@Part Timer what about this next year https://www.sunderlandecho.com/whats-on/things-to-do/everything-you-need-know-about-years-north-east-skinny-dip-635915

They have a Boxing Day Charity dip at Seaburn every year which I usually miss as I tend to put a few pounds on over Christmas so I don't look my usual trim self. 

They have a Boxing Day Charity dip at Seaburn every year which I usually miss as I tend to put a few pounds on over Christmas so I don't look my usual trim self. 
I also have one those well paid for designer bellies, we can compare them on Boxing Day ?

Latest Posts

Back