Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Professional image wins the customer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mupps

I had a few quotes to do the other day and decided to get them all done while the weather was bad. Five quotes and four new customers later and I'm waiting to hear back from the other one. One of the quotes were from an enquiry form the local buy and sell page on facebook. I contacted the customer and she asked me to arrange to come and see the property. Nice property with easy access and a sixty pound job. I was recommended on the site from two of my other customers and there is one on other well known local window cleaner in my area that was also recommended by a few other people. I clean trad and the other guy is wfp. I explained to her that they are both different techniques of window cleaning and will give her a quality clean. She then asked when can I do the clean! I cleaned for her yesterday and whilst chatting she explied to me that the other window cleaner was half the price from my charge. I asked her for the reason that she chose me to clean for her......... her answer was basically that the other person was far from professional. Scruffy, cigarette in mouth, no sign writing on the van, and no corporate clothing. It felt good that we give a good impression and it proves that it isn't always about price - but the first impressions count! Also not knocking the competition is so important too. 

If you give a professional image and look smart and not pushy there is a good chance that you will win the business. 

mupps said:
I had a few quotes to do the other day and decided to get them all done while the weather was bad. Five quotes and four new customers later and I'm waiting to hear back from the other one. One of the quotes were from an enquiry form the local buy and sell page on facebook. I contacted the customer and she asked me to arrange to come and see the property. Nice property with easy access and a sixty pound job. I was recommended on the site from two of my other customers and there is one other well known window cleaner in my area that was also recommended by a few other people. I clean trad and the other guy is wfp. I explained to her that they are both different techniques of window cleaning and will give her a quality clean. She then asked when can I do the clean! I cleaned for her yesterday and whilst chatting she explied to me that the other window cleaner was half the price from my charge. I asked her for the reason that she chose me to clean for her......... her answer was basically that the other person was far from professional. Scruffy, cigarette in mouth, no sign writing on the van and no corporate clothing. It felt good that we give a good impression and it proves that it isn't always about price - but the first impressions count! Also not knocking the competition is so important too. 

If you give a professional image and look smart and not pushy there is a good chance that you will win the business. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a few quotes to do the other day and decided to get them all done while the weather was bad. Five quotes and four new customers later and I'm waiting to hear back from the other one. One of the quotes were from an enquiry form the local buy and sell page on facebook. I contacted the customer and she asked me to arrange to come and see the property. Nice property with easy access and a sixty pound job. I was recommended on the site from two of my other customers and there is one on other well known local window cleaner in my area that was also recommended by a few other people. I clean trad and the other guy is wfp. I explained to her that they are both different techniques of window cleaning and will give her a quality clean. She then asked when can I do the clean! I cleaned for her yesterday and whilst chatting she explied to me that the other window cleaner was half the price from my charge. I asked her for the reason that she chose me to clean for her......... her answer was basically that the other person was far from professional. Scruffy, cigarette in mouth, no sign writing on the van, and no corporate clothing. It felt good that we give a good impression and it proves that it isn't always about price - but the first impressions count! Also not knocking the competition is so important too. 

I totally agree with you I posted a similar thing a while ago on the other forum and got slated most said don’t need a sign written van or uniform , but I feel it makes you come over far more professional, we pick up a lot of work due to the points you mentioned we are wfp though not trad . Well done .

Totally agree, always worked for me. Looking smart and being polite go a long way, as we all judge from first impressions!

That’s a beauty. Good for tops.

I’ll donate a hundred quid to a charity of your choice, if you wear it to work for a day?

image helps a lot in this game,esp if you work in the posher,more affluent areas,sign written van with logo,uniform,clean shaven,neat haircut,professional stationary/tickets/invoices....good attitude,polite,reliable,trustworthy and do a good job for a fair price and you cant go wrong and you ll pick up work without even trying as the years go on.....

Back