Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on equipment.....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mupps

I'm using traditional method for my window cleaning business. Mainly using the Moerman set up and also using the Phanton 370 trad pole - excellent results! However I do have some customers properties with inaccessible windows that a wfp system would overcome the problem. I don't want to move over completely to this method but only use it when there are awkward windows. I've been looking at the 'Facelift BigBOY 2 back pack starter kit from WCW for £451.02 inc vat. Please could you guys out there give me advice/feedback on this please.

Thanks in advance.

John 

You would find it cheaper to get a Gardiners back pack and a clx composite pole have a look on there website gardinerpolesystems 

Last edited by a moderator:
You would find it cheaper to get a Gardiners back pack and a clx composite pole have a look on there website gardinerpolesystems 

I agree! You can't go wrong with a Gardiners backpack! You could even upgrade to an SLX-22 pole on that budget of £451!

Would this include being able to purify the water ?
No, pure water is a complete different thing to a "setup". For you your best option would be to see if there is a spotless fill point near you saving you the hassle of purifying your own water. 

I have the gardiner backpack and it's great, gardiner themselves are great and have never had any issue with service, or product quality. 

Little tip though, if you do get a gardiner pole, get the swivel goose neck, it's designed for awkward window positions and hard to reach spots

@Alex Gardiner will definitely point you in the right direction and help you out

I use a Gardiner backpack (on a trolley of course), cannot fault it, and usually a 22ft Phoenix hybrid pole. Works for me usually. I started with a Phoenix 18 glass fibre pole, but found it too flexy, so made my own up using a Harris pole which worked a lot better before I bought the 22ft hybrid. Got a big aluminium pole for bigger jobs and if using upright is fine (but too heavy if doing windows over conservatories).

My advice is get Gardiner backpack, and think very carefully about your pole, size you need to satisfy most types of properties on your round, the flex, weight, and of course the price.Carbon poles are the best, but there are others at more affordable prices for newbies and pros.

Latest Posts

Back