Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp trolley advice

paddie

Good morning all,

have recently invested in a wfp trolley off the bay and have been using it all week. 

I find that when I am making pure water from the di vessel that a lot of water leaks from the connectors so will need to replace them. 

Also I have a leaky attachment from the hose to microbore (hose on the pole).

i think I am losing half the water through here as it takes me nearly 40 litres to wash the front of a terraced house (2 windows and a door). 

I have done 5 days this week and managed to do 8 jobs but each job takes me approx 30-40 minutes with having to refill the trolley etc, and they are all first cleans so quite minging.

have put some pictures below to show what I mean and some before and after on a couple of houses to get some tips.

cheers in advance all. 

1E60121C-59A8-4B94-9351-823D7842D8B2.jpeg

9083745D-7743-4D75-A024-7B29DA1783A5.jpeg

875C3957-9C74-49AF-83A6-0CC5BF789194.jpeg

374C8D58-7652-48CE-9E69-85EF7A755AF7.jpeg

794DB2E9-C5F5-41F3-A3AC-F2F2203DC128.jpeg

0752D657-F958-4D30-91A9-13CF3E936E63.jpeg

First cleans will always take a lot longer and a lot more water , this is especially noticeable when using a trolley or back pack when using a van mount it doesn’t take quite as long as you arnt having to re fill all the time , you will use less water and be much quicker on the second clean . 

From your last picture it looks like your hose setup is 6mm (microbore - red hose) to 8mm (minibore - yellow hose) to pole hose (orange) which is a bit odd! You've got an extra connection in there that you really don't need.

I would suggest you go from 6mm (red) straight to pole hose (orange) using the appropriate rectus/EZ snap fittings from Gardiners or Pure Freedom. Or alternatively you could use a Slick Connect attachment From Ex-ceed Innovations.

As far as your DI vessel is concerned it may simply be a case of replacing the hozelock 'O' rings (you can buy packs of these on eBay) or adding a bit of plumbers PTFE tape to the screw threads.

Thank you for the input guys. Much appreciated.

Yes the di vessel is leaking lots of water as per the photo below. Will try the ptfe tape failing that may get some new connectors

let’s hope the customers who I have got turn into regulars. I think they might be adhoc but I will knock them next month and see. 

49AC29A2-0C9F-4ABE-95F7-D5AB4EA4CC68.jpeg

Yes the di vessel is leaking lots of water as per the photo below. Will try the ptfe tape failing that may get some new connectors

let’s hope the customers who I have got turn into regulars. I think they might be adhoc but I will knock them next month and see. 

View attachment 17918
Get the metal connectors from any plumbing shop they last a lot longer and you don't get any leaks.  There not that cheap at about a fiver but sinse I started using them I haven't had any leaks.  

View attachment 17918

Wilko sell quite good hose connectors for a couple of quid a piece (not sure about autumn though). Those look like the cheap and nasty ones you get in Tesco / markets. Get shot of them and use some quality parts instead.

Tried the ptfe today and it worked a treat. No leaks anywhere except now there is a little that leaks out from the red to yellow hose (where the jubilee clip is) and the flow of water out the brush head is literally gushing. 

Will invest in in a few brass fixings from a plumbing supply place and keep a few rolls of ptfe tape handy.

Good morning all,

have recently invested in a wfp trolley off the bay and have been using it all week. 

I find that when I am making pure water from the di vessel that a lot of water leaks from the connectors so will need to replace them. 

Also I have a leaky attachment from the hose to microbore (hose on the pole).

i think I am losing half the water through here as it takes me nearly 40 litres to wash the front of a terraced house (2 windows and a door). 

I have done 5 days this week and managed to do 8 jobs but each job takes me approx 30-40 minutes with having to refill the trolley etc, and they are all first cleans so quite minging.

have put some pictures below to show what I mean and some before and after on a couple of houses to get some tips.

cheers in advance all. 

View attachment 17909

View attachment 17910

View attachment 17911

View attachment 17912

View attachment 17913

View attachment 17914
Which is before, and which is after(LOL)

From your last picture it looks like your hose setup is 6mm (microbore - red hose) to 8mm (minibore - yellow hose) to pole hose (orange) which is a bit odd! You've got an extra connection in there that you really don't need.

I would suggest you go from 6mm (red) straight to pole hose (orange) using the appropriate rectus/EZ snap fittings from Gardiners or Pure Freedom. Or alternatively you could use a Slick Connect attachment From Ex-ceed Innovations.

As far as your DI vessel is concerned it may simply be a case of replacing the hozelock 'O' rings (you can buy packs of these on eBay) or adding a bit of plumbers PTFE tape to the screw threads.
PTFE tape first option I would suggest on the vessel

Wilko sell quite good hose connectors for a couple of quid a piece (not sure about autumn though). Those look like the cheap and nasty ones you get in Tesco / markets. Get shot of them and use some quality parts instead.
I use wilko connctors an my DI vessels...they cost me £1 each.

Back