Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure washing /cleaning advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mike-71

Sorry to sound stupid here guys but I’m still relatively a novice to power washing.

wonder if anyone could advise , my jobs are beiginning to pick up now but today I was offered a commercial Clean , factory car park 17m X 21m and a metal corrugated facia 21m long.. the facia begins at the 3mtr mark on wall upto 6mtrs. 
now my question is without a platform to use, what’s the best way to reach that height to clean thoroughly?

i have a Honda 390 power washer , is there a possibility of attaching a water fed pole to these machines? Excuse my ignorance lol but any advice would be appreciated 

cheers 8CC982F5-DB8B-49DA-A6D9-30EFA54EFD40.jpeg

Sorry to sound stupid here guys but I’m still relatively a novice to power washing.

wonder if anyone could advise , my jobs are beiginning to pick up now but today I was offered a commercial Clean , factory car park 17m X 21m and a metal corrugated facia 21m long.. the facia begins at the 3mtr mark on wall upto 6mtrs. 
now my question is without a platform to use, what’s the best way to reach that height to clean thoroughly?

i have a Honda 390 power washer , is there a possibility of attaching a water fed pole to these machines? Excuse my ignorance lol but any advice would be appreciated 

cheers View attachment 17920

Pressure washer on the car park is fine , but you don’t want to be pressure washing cladding like that it’s a relatively delicate surface plastic coated aluminium, we do dozens of buildings like this every year with wfp and Virosol it’s quicker and will give better results without the potential for causing damage 

F3872280-9007-4CA9-A103-0D2331716F74.jpeg

E9B63D10-E942-4CC1-B64C-BE98A5333146.jpeg

26B6F657-EC2F-48F6-AE12-1E5A103B9BB6.jpeg

37DF30E5-0597-48AF-AE79-31AFA956F1C6.jpeg

Thank for the info and pics mate , the wfp, can they be attached to a pressure washer or is it a different machine altogether? 

It can be adapted but most people use something like this - 5.4m 18' Telescopic Extendable Lance Long Reach Pole Jet Washer Roof Cleaning

Thanks mate ,Can that be attached to the pressure washer???  I mean is that attached to a wfs or a pressure washer 

Last edited by a moderator:
Attached to your pressure washer hose. Not that much different to a lance as it has a trigger on it. People say they are whippy to use. I never tried one out. 

Good your're getting jobs in now. I'm winding down and dont really expect anything till March.

Ah ok thanks mate , not sure how much work I’ll continue getting , but I’m doing the best I can ? one thing I’m not great at is pricing jobs up , any advice? 

Aim between - £2.50 - £3.50 a m2. 

Your're going to struggle sanding drives now and don't offer to seal anything. Too damp and wet now.

One other thing Mike, if you haven't used the GX390 much just make sure when you start it up you have nothing around you i.e wooden fences. It will cut right through it if your using turbo lance....  They can cause a lot of damage.

Aim between - £2.50 - £3.50 a m2. 

Your're going to struggle sanding drives now and don't offer to seal anything. Too damp and wet now.

One other thing Mike, if you haven't used the GX390 much just make sure when you start it up you have nothing around you i.e wooden fences. It will cut right through it if your using turbo lance....  They can cause a lot of damage.
Thanks mate for the advice , I’ve had a few jobs now so getting used to the machine. It’s the pricing I’ve had a struggle with. Had a job at a huge house this week to price up . 230m2 block paving and he wanted to give me 130 quid lol .

i told him I will do it by the metre rather than the price he offered me.

not heard back as yet from him 

Back