Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing help for window, soffit, fascia and gutter clean

paddie

Good evening all,

just a little help in pricing up the job with photos below.

job included wfp front of house and trad the porch area as single glazed and very rotten wooden frames. 

Side windows wfp

rear of property wfp all conservatory and roofs also cleaning of gutter, facia and soffits, 

clearing of gutters all around conservatory roof  including flat kitchen roof and clearing the top gutter to rear of house by climbing onto flat kitchen roof

all the drainage (middle bits access from kitchen roof) on the conservatory were also cleared 

in all took about 7 hours for 2 of us but that was leisurely. Tea breaks etc.

it was done for a friend so haven’t charged him but wandering what I should charge if others want something similar as hoping to put some piccies on Facebook later.

kind regards in advance for any help

A7F05D57-CCB1-479C-A833-FB7B65AFDE8A.jpeg

60D3141C-316B-494E-9161-0E4708A9A000.jpeg

EA4AF853-A973-4A5A-BAF8-6970E76FA22F.jpeg

E060DBF2-8894-41F7-A581-B059E18B50D0.jpeg

888C48D3-3BBB-42C2-B687-BDD3BBDE20AB.jpeg

121AA2B7-28A8-4B16-928C-E6D5FE2D11ED.jpeg

7605D052-23F2-4C32-928D-AC9D3C752F6E.jpeg

509777E4-A762-4540-820B-E1F06922A485.jpeg

3285F409-A279-4AC3-9B8F-A0FC0BB9E3E8.jpeg

0642EB57-8BCB-4739-86F3-4CE7703255FB.jpeg

To vac out the guttering £100

To clean all house UPVC including all cladding £90 

To clean all of the outside of the conservatory £150 

Total price £340 

Total job time 2:5 hours for two people so 5 hours actual work time 

Hopefully we would do that in less than 2 hours but the above is worst case scenario 

To vac out the guttering £100

To clean all house UPVC including all cladding £90 

To clean all of the outside of the conservatory £150 

Total price £340 

Total job time 2:5 hours for two people so 5 hours actual work time 

Hopefully we would do that in less than 2 hours but the above is worst case scenario 
Maybe a daft question but surely vacuuming the guttering is quicker than the cleaning of the guttering/fascias etc so how come the gutter clear is £10 more?

Maybe a daft question but surely vacuuming the guttering is quicker than the cleaning of the guttering/fascias etc so how come the gutter clear is £10 more?

We have a minimum charge of £65 to vac anything I view it as a set up fee  , were as plastic clean no set up fee , with the plastic clean price I should have added the window clean price as well forgot that , you are right the plastic clean will take longer than vaccing the gutters but the overall price at £340 + the windows I think is ok don’t know if they would swallow a higher price ?.. I would be happy with that . When doing all that work I think you can afford to be a bit cheaper overall , as an example if we were just going to vac the gutters it would be a bit dearer , same with the plastic clean , and the conservatory , I try and sell a complete package with all services and quite often the customer realises it’s cheaper to have it all done at the same time so it’s a win for us and them ???

You've now done the job and even though you admit it was done in a leisurely manner you must know how long it would've took in a commercial manner. Surely you should be advising the newbies on here what the price should be. Why ask on here when every area and person will probably look at it differently. 

You've now done the job and even though you admit it was done in a leisurely manner you must know how long it would've took in a commercial manner. Surely you should be advising the newbies on here what the price should be. Why ask on here when every area and person will probably look at it differently. 

I would love to do a clean like that for £340 + window cleaning at 5 hours work @Pjj.

I'm sure @Part Timer will agree that if we quote that price up in the North East we would be dialing 999 for an ambulance.

@paddie we sometimes do 'mate's rates' for friends. We also do the neighbours at good prices to keep them 'sweet', but I question why you would do it for free.

Window cleaning is your livelyhood. Don't get me wrong; if someoner asked for some help then I would be the first to do that.  As my Father used to say, it's not always about money. Its also good to volunteer your services for nothing for the good of the community and its even more satisfying when they don't know you've done a good deed.

I do the odd single window next door to a clean for nothing. We also clean the side of the conservatory for another neighbour from our customer's garden as their windie (a friend) can't do it.

Come to think about it, I take back what I said about doing it for nothing. I'll pm you my address. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to do a clean like that for £340 + window cleaning at 5 hours work @Pjj.

I'm sure @Part Timer will agree that if we quote that price up in the North East we would be dialing 999 for an ambulance.

@paddie we sometimes do 'mate's rates' for friends. We also do the neighbours at good prices to keep them 'sweet', but I question why you would do it for free.

Window cleaning is your livelyhood. Don't get me wrong; if someoner asked for some help then I would be the first to do that.  As my Father used to say, it's not always about money. Its also good to volunteer your services for nothing for the good of the community and its even more satisfying when they don't know you've done a good deed.

I do the odd single window next door to a clean for nothing. We also clean the side of the conservatory for another neighbour from our customer's garden as their windie (a friend) can't do it.

Come to think about it, I take back what I said about doing it for nothing. I'll pm you my address. ?

I don’t  think that’s expensive we price all our work in this way and get the vast majority of jobs we price ime lucky there isn’t much reliable competition where I am and most window cleaners don’t have the equipment to do anything out of the ordinary 

I don’t  think that’s expensive we price all our work in this way and get the vast majority of jobs we price ime lucky there isn’t much reliable competition where I am and most window cleaners don’t have the equipment to do anything out of the ordinary 

Your price is the same as what I would charge, I've not done many but I've not been turned down for this type of work.  In fact the last one I did was a small new build semi fascia clean, I said it would be £90 and the customer said right, and how much for the side and the front  :1f632: . ended up being £135 and a £5 tip as wanted part of neighbours doing.  I think potential customers value this type of work a lot higher than window cleaning, I don't know why as essentially it's the same process but cleaning different things.

For me though it's the extra hassle / effort, so anything other than windows is £50 hour target, windows is £35 hour.  

If there is a lot of work and the price starts going above £150 then I start to look at the total value of the job and try and work out a fair price for half day / days work.  

I also never say £100 or £150 or £200 etc as it looks like your plucking a figure out of thin air.  £110, £160, £210 etc sounds and looks better imo.

Well where I live is supposed to be a well off area, in general, but even when I quoted a poxy £50 for a facia/soffit job, the bloke balked at it. And i realised that was too cheap, so let them keep their dirty plastic. yeh is a tricky old game. Saw this bloke up a ladder today round our way, but with wfp! couldnt stand there gawping too long but the ol fella looked like he didnt know what was going on, and there was a younger bloke footing the ladder!!! May as well've just tradded it. Shoulds had my camera handy actually, yous lot would've found it pretty amusing I reckon, much as I did ?

ks789 said:
Well where I live is supposed to be a well off area, in general, but even when I quoted a poxy £50 for a facia/soffit job, the bloke balked at it. And i realised that was too cheap, so let them keep their dirty plastic. yeh is a tricky old game. Saw this bloke up a ladder today round our way, but with wfp! couldnt stand there gawping too long but the ol fella looked like he didnt know what was going on, and there was a younger bloke footing the ladder!!! May as well've just tradded it. Shoulds had my camera handy actually, yous lot would've found it pretty amusing I reckon, much as I did ?
Oh and id prob do that property for 150/180, doubt I'd get more, but that would be just me so ok money for the day :1f44d:

If it took two of you a “leisurely” 7 hours, then on your own its certainly 14 man hours. Basically 2 full days for one bloke (theres obviously 2 hours off the job viewing and quoting, travelling, loading equipment etc to factor in ) so say either 14 man hours x your hourly rate. Or two full days, whatever your day rate is?

you’ve given a hell of a lot away for free i’ll say that much ?

thanks for the insights guys,

it's an old friend who I go back 30 years with and I was his best man.

yes I reckon on my own would have taken 10(ish) hours so probably around the £150-£200 mark is what I would like to earn glad to hear others also think that's a good ball part.

much appreciated.

thanks for the insights guys,

it's an old friend who I go back 30 years with and I was his best man.

yes I reckon on my own would have taken 10(ish) hours so probably around the £150-£200 mark is what I would like to earn glad to hear others also think that's a good ball part.

much appreciated.

No harm in practising but best advice I found was not to give any discounts to anybody otherwise where do you draw the line for discounts between friend, friend of friend or family, extended family etc.  If you set out from the outset 'no discounts' then you don't have them issues. 

As a rough guide for conservatory roofs I go by the £10 per panel method, so on that one I can see 6 on the front, I would expect there to be 6 at the back and 3 on each end so 18 = £180.  On that one I'd probably take 3.5 hours, the bit at the back would be a real pain and it looks really bad.  I'd happily walk away if I didn't get £180, bloody hard work them ones. 

Whatever method you choose to price just make sure you do have a method so you price consistently.  

No harm in practising but best advice I found was not to give any discounts to anybody otherwise where do you draw the line for discounts between friend, friend of friend or family, extended family etc.  If you set out from the outset 'no discounts' then you don't have them issues. 

As a rough guide for conservatory roofs I go by the £10 per panel method, so on that one I can see 6 on the front, I would expect there to be 6 at the back and 3 on each end so 18 = £180.  On that one I'd probably take 3.5 hours, the bit at the back would be a real pain and it looks really bad.  I'd happily walk away if I didn't get £180, bloody hard work them ones. 

Whatever method you choose to price just make sure you do have a method so you price consistently.  
I do mates rates...luckily I do not have many mates.

Latest Posts

Back