Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

If Carlsberg did customers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

HWCS

So id been laid up for 11 days ill and today i went back up the ladder.

I get to a 6wkly clean on a coastal chalet bungalow its a £20.00 a time place.

I clean the windows as normal, before im even kitted up the lady of the house comes out, coffee in hand "milk n 2 Jon".

"Lovely job" i reply.

So i give em a knock at end of the clean and tell them "thats £20 as always, and ill see you in 6 week"

The man of the house hands me £60 and tells me they wont need the next 2 cleans as they are having a bit of building work done and would like me to come back in the new year, told them there was no need to pay me for the missed cleans, but they insist i take it and tell me, "You cant feed your kids on fresh air Jon"

There really is some great people around. Good story fella.

When I have raised any money for charity doing marathons, zip wire what have you.

It always amazes me how much help I get from customers. Crazy thing is it is always the ex council houses that give the most. Pure salt of the earth. Also if I am collecting with my daughter she likes to help me, people give her money sweets and our lovely to her.

It totally warms your heart to see this decency. Bet for sure you make a amazing job of there windows and look after them.

If only more people could be strong enough to do the right thing and be decent, community would be a better safer place.

Wow! Decent folk. 

Hope you're feeling a lot better. 
They are a lovely cpl, first time i cleaned they asked me what my fave biscuits were.

They are minted theyve got 2 brand new convertable merc, one of them cateram kit car things, and his n hers harleys.

Fruit trees in the garden that ive been told to help myself from when ripe as they cant eat it all.

Id say they are the perfect customer 

I had to stop one of mine doing that as it did my head in knowing I wasn't glass to get any money for doing them. Especially after a couple of cleans. 
I totally agree with you. Had one a few years back that paid me six months in advance (I knocked a little bit off of the total price) and after you’ve done it a couple of times, you end up not wanting to do the job or keep delaying it!

I had to stop one of mine doing that as it did my head in knowing I wasn't going to get any money for doing them. Especially after a couple of cleans. 

I totally agree with you. Had one a few years back that paid me six months in advance (I knocked a little bit off of the total price) and after you’ve done it a couple of times, you end up not wanting to do the job or keep delaying it!
See I don’t count the money until each clean is done. So if they are £20 a clean and hand me £60, I obviously record the £60 payment but when it comes to my income/outcome I only record the £20 for each month. That way it still feels like I’m getting paid, lol!

I had to stop one of mine doing that as it did my head in knowing I wasn't going to get any money for doing them. Especially after a couple of cleans. 
It's just the same to me I have one who gives me £100-120 and one who gives me £60 quid first one is a £12 job and second one is a £7 job and then an old guy who pays a year in advance with a cheque £132 

Interesting. I've never understood this but my son feels the same way. I've always told him its because he is left handed and his brain works differently to mine. ? I've never given it a thought that others could feel the same as he does. I'm happy knowing the payment for window cleaning was in my bank in advance rather than in their pocket and me waiting for it.

I do a clean for a couple who live in Canada. They return to their house in summer for around 6 weeks and she comes across on her own in January. I always make sure I see her when she about to collect the next 6 months window cleaning money.

Every time I clean I leave a slip with the remaining credit. Someone goes in to check on things whilst they are away in Canada. Never had any thoughts about spending the time cleaning and not actually receiving the money for that clean.

I guess its different strokes for different folks.

It's just the same to me I have one who gives me £100-120 and one who gives me £60 quid first one is a £12 job and second one is a £7 job and then an old guy who pays a year in advance with a cheque £132 

I would be more than happy to accept that cheque in advance. I'm sure that old fellow feels the same as I do. I'd rather bow out knowing that the bills are all paid than leaving a debt for my estate to pay out.

We have another old girl who always makes sure she's paid 2 cleans in advance as she spends a portion of her time in hospital - "hospital vacation".

Latest Posts

Back