Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

25 litre vessels and 11 litre.

ks789

Maybe daft question to some, but I havent had to refill my 11 litre yet so dont know.

Anyway, so if, as you'd presume the 25 litre bag of resin goes into the 25 litre vessel, how does that go with the 25 litre bag and the 11 litre vessel? I'd heard that its 2 fills and none left. I'd understand if the vessels were 12.5 litre. Anyone know?

Many thanks all.

kev.

2 contrasting methods there. One packs it in and the other fills to 2/3 

i always leave a little room for it to circulate, but I’m not sure why!
I love Dave's video's but I've gotta say, that looks like a messy way to do it. I've only ever followed Alex's method and it works fine. There is one big consideration with packing it in too, it will surely be more likely to create channels in the packed resin? I'm no scientist, just using some common sense here. Those water channels will be much more difficult to disperse than most and the resin will be spent much faster than usual (Unless I'm missing something here)

2 contrasting methods there. One packs it in and the other fills to 2/3 

i always leave a little room for it to circulate, but I’m not sure why!

Alex's video is correct and the other incorrect. Why, have a look at the distribution filter in the head and work out the water flow and you'll find the answer ?

I have 25 ltr vessels in my vans but you cannot get a full bag of resin in them there is always 3-4 ltr that won’t go in  

Alex's video is correct and the other incorrect. Why, have a look at the distribution filter in the head and work out the water flow and you'll find the answer ?

You are right about him overfilling his di vessel. The original 'instructions' long before Alex's video were to fill the di vessel no higher than the start of the top cone which I have always done.

When I linked to Dave's video I had forgotten about him overfilling his di vessel. (His instructional videos aren't always very professional and many have glearing technical faults. His electric hose reel conversion was one of them with regard to wiring.)

There were a couple of things I liked in this video of Dave's. (I'm inclined to look at most of these types of videos and look for tips within them that might provide a solution to make things easier for me. I then disguard anything that doesn't make sense to me.)

1). I liked the way he emptied the resin from his vessel into a bag. That works. I use an old pillow slip. Alex didn't show getting the remaining resin bits from his di vessel which is the messy bit and you end up with resin beads everywhere especially when you have a bigger, heavier di vessel.

2). I liked his wine bottle cork idea. I fill my di vessel with resin, fill it with water and then slow work the riser tube down to the bottom. I like his idea of putting the riser tube in first, corking the top and then filling the di vessel with resin. I feel that there is less likelyhood of damaging the components on assembly. (My lower filter on my di vessel's riser tube is not pointed likes Alex's is so it needs more 'encouraging' to the bottom.)

3). He was told that it was safe to dispose of resin in his dustbin by the local refuse authority. Over the year most suppliers won't want to comment about resin disposal let alone put any comment in written form for obvious reasons.There have been posters suggesting it is fine to put it in the garden or flush it down the outside drain, both solutions which I don't agree with. Nowhere in Alex's video did he say how we were to dispose of the spent resin.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the MSDS sheet it states landfill for disposal which I’ve advised whoever asked.

The cork bottle idea is good but if someone who followed that and their riser tube was not the correct length then it would be an issue.

One day I’ll make an informative video.

Back